Sr. Accountant - US
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Right on pace with Target’s distinctive retail brand, Target Finance and Accounting are transforming for the better. As so much more than a behind-the-scenes number-cruncher, you will be a truly collaborative partner with a seat at the table. You’ll bring your unique point of view, experience and passion for the work to your team and internal clients. Within Accounting, you’ll enjoy the interesting challenges of the competitive retail space, and you’ll have a 360-degree impact—rather than on just one part of the business. You’ll see your contributions come to life in virtually every area of this dynamic enterprise. And you’ll grow and be challenged in your career while having a healthy balance with life outside of work. Your role will be critical to ensuring the success of Target’s business initiatives and core retail operations.
As a Sr. Accountant you will be a critical partner in Target’s new store strategy. You will review and interpret lease documents for new and renewals/amendments, recording activity within SAP to accurately account for all lease transactions. You will be responsible for year-end 10-K lease disclosure requirements. You will complete SAP journal entries and review account reconciliations timely and in compliance with SOX guidelines. You will facilitate timely and accurate month-end close responsibilities as needed. You will work on special projects and ad-hoc analysis as needed. You will develop strong relationships in order to influence partners and provide client support to teams across the company. You will drive innovation and analytics to improve complex processes.
- Four-year degree in Accounting and 3-6 years of related experience
- Strong accountant with knowledge of GAAP related to lease accounting and/or property accounting desired
- Advanced data analysis and modeling experience using Excel, Domo and other tools to analyze large volumes of data and identify trends
- Excellent communication, problem solving, organization and analytical skills
- Effectively translate complex, detailed topics into a higher level message to partners and leadership
- Strong business partner, able to collaborate with teams across the organization
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously with proven project management skills
- Ability to work independently and maintain a high level of initiative
- Ability to manage ambiguity and react to ad-hoc requests with a resilient and adaptable approach
- Desired requirement: CPA or technical GAAP accounting background
- Desired requirement: Experience with SAP-REFX and related reporting tools (BeX, BW)
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture