Sr AccountantApply Now Job ID: R0000037666 Date posted: 08/06/2019 schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Right on pace with Target’s distinctive retail brand, Target Finance and Accounting are transforming for the better. As so much more than a behind-the-scenes number-cruncher, you will be a truly collaborative partner with a seat at the table. You’ll bring your unique point of view, experience and passion for the work to your team and internal clients. Within Accounting, you’ll enjoy the interesting challenges of the competitive retail space, and you’ll have a 360-degree impact—rather than on just one part of the business. You’ll see your contributions come to life in virtually every area of this dynamic enterprise. And you’ll grow and be challenged in your career while having a healthy balance with life outside of work. Your role will be critical to ensuring the success of Target’s business initiatives and core retail operations.
As a Sr. Accountant you will be a critical partner in accounting for and analyzing more than $3 billion in annual capital spend. You will facilitate timely and accurate month-end close responsibilities, including preparation of SAP journal entries and financial statement disclosures, execution of SOX internal controls and review of account reconciliations. You will be an active partner by owning the submission of forecast/goal for key financial statement line items and work closely with FP&A and business teams to review capital project request business cases for accurate accounting. You will work on special projects and ad-hoc analysis as needed. You will develop strong relationships in order to influence partners and provide decision support to teams across the company. You will indirectly manage talent including the coaching and training of others on the team and review of journal entries and internal controls. You will drive innovation and use analytics to improve complex processes, will enforce governance policies around capital spend and maintain a strong internal control environment.
- Four-year degree in Accounting and 3-6 years of related experience
- Strong accountant with knowledge of GAAP related to property & equipment and technology desired
- Advanced data analysis and modeling experience using Excel, Domo and other tools to analyze large volumes of data and identify trends
- Excellent communication, problem solving, organization and analytical skills
- Effectively translate complex, detailed topics into a higher level message to partners and leadership
- Strong business partner, able to collaborate with teams across the organization
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously with proven project management skills
- Ability to work independently and maintain a high level of initiative
- Ability to manage ambiguity and react to ad-hoc requests with a resilient and adaptable approach
- Experience with SAP general ledger and related reporting tools (BeX, BW) desired
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture