Sr. AccountantApply Now Job ID: R0000096405 job family: Accounting schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Right on pace with Target’s distinctive retail brand, Target Finance and Accounting are transforming for the better. As so much more than a behind-the-scenes number-cruncher, you will be a truly collaborative partner with a seat at the table. You’ll bring your unique point of view, experience and passion for the work to your team and internal clients. Within Accounting, you’ll enjoy the interesting challenges of the competitive retail space, and you’ll have a 360-degree impact—rather than on just one part of the business. You’ll see your contributions come to life in virtually every area of this dynamic enterprise. And you’ll grow and be challenged in your career while having a healthy balance with life outside of work. Your role will be critical to ensuring the success of Target’s business initiatives and core retail operations.
As a Sr. Accountant you will partner with multiple accounting teams, Income Tax, and Legal on new initiatives, driving efficiency, and utilizing analytics to improve complex processes. You will work on special projects and ad-hoc analysis to help partners. You will assist with the close and consolidation process, ensuring our legal entity financials are accurate. You will complete SAP journal entries and review key controls. You will develop strong relationships in order to influence partners and provide client support to teams across the company.
- Four-year Accounting degree and 3-6 years of related experience
- Intercompany accounting and consolidation experience; strong GAAP knowledge
- Driven to innovate, make meaningful improvements to process, and enhance partnerships
- Ability to manage ambiguity, work independently and take initiative
- Data analysis and modeling experience
- Ability to summarize complex, detailed topics for partners and leadership
- Strong business partner, able to collaborate with teams across the organization
- Experience with SAP general ledger and reporting tools (BeX, BW), Oracle consolidation tools (desired)
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture