Sr. AI EngineerApply Now Job ID: R0000033033 schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
9743 Sunnyvale CA,100 Mathilda Pl,Sunnyvale,California,United States,94086
Senior AI Engineer
Target is looking for Senior Engineers to help us build Artificial Intelligence infrastructure to optimize Target's supply chain.
Our Target Technology partners provide us with a wide variety of services: databases, queues, metrics platforms, compute schedulers, etc. We'd love to hear from you if you are interested in helping us support a team of AI scientists in trying to use these services to scale their AI algorithms to help us efficiently move products through Target's supply chain.
Our goal is that when a Guest walks into a Target store, the things they are hoping to buy are ready to buy, and we got it there efficiently.
• Work with business partners, data scientists, and engineers in a highly interactive and integrated environment to build the future of Target's supply chain and engineer solutions.
• Work on a global team using modern technologies such as Slack, GitHub, Skype.
• Use modern technologies like Kubernetes, Nix, Rust, Haskell, Python, in domains like combinatorial optimization, operations research, and end-to-end versioned data pipelines.
• Work directly with all our team members, on all our active projects. We like to expose everybody to everything and expect people to be picking up new technologies as needed to be helpful on our wide variety of projects.
• Spend 20% of your time on self-directed self-enrichment. We believe very seriously that everybody needs to be given time and space to grow themselves in whatever way they see fit, and we expect you to spend work hours doing so.
• Working towards a graduate degree in computer science, computer engineering or related discipline
• Experience in one or more of C++, Java, Scala, Python or equivalent programming language
• Understanding of advanced data structures and algorithms
• Familiarity with linear algebra, statistics, information theory or related mathematical domains
• Understand deep learning, dynamic programming, reinforcement learning or related areas
• Ability to develop and execute processes for complete CI/CD pipeline
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Interest in site-reliability. We are building distributed systems at scale. We know this is hard! We are looking for engineers that are excited by the challenge.
• Understanding of systems topics such as cluster computing, schedulers, build systems, databases, etc.
• Interest in modern infrastructure systems such as Kubernetes, Nomad, Mesos, Consul, Kafka, etc.
• Experience operating persistent storage systems like relational databases, key-value stores, and object storage
Why work with us at Target?
• We are using great tools. Not only are we using programming languages like Haskell, Rust, Scala, and Python, but we are also using modern tooling and infrastructure like Nix, Kubernetes, and Kafka.
• We love open source! Many of our team member's contribute to open source communities and get to do it during work time. We try to contribute back to our communities where we can and are grateful to be able to open source some of our own projects!
• We value diversity. We believe that diversity and inclusion is of core importance when try to create positive in-store experiences for our guests, and we think it is also critically important when building our teams. Read more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion
• We value our team members. We treat out team members like people, not like cogs in a machine. We value our team members for who they are, not just what they can get done. We are parents, hobbyists, enthusiasts, family members, and community members, and can offer flexibility to our team members' schedules and work arrangements so that they can flourish both inside and outside of work.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture