Sr. AI ScientistApply Now Job ID: R0000112219 job family: Artificial Intelligence schedule: Full time Location: 33 S 6th St, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
JOIN US AS A SR AI SCIENTIST
Join Target AI team where you can help us define and shape what the future of retail would look like. Let’s mine the right data to derive actionable insights that drive value across the global enterprise! In Target’s hyper-growing Data Science and AI team, the Sr AI Scientist will contribute as follows:
- Anticipates future business needs and identifies opportunities for complex analysis
- Gathers and analyzes data to solve and address highly complex business problems and evaluate scenarios to make predictions on future outcomes and support decision making
- Designs and drives the creation of new standards and best practices in the use of statistical data modeling, big data and optimization tools for Target
As a Sr AI Scientist, you’ll take the lead as you:
- Realize solutions to business problems using data analysis, data mining, optimization tools, and machine learning/deep learning techniques and statistics
- Deploy data-science and technology-based algorithmic solutions to address business needs
- Produce large scale implementations of: Linear, Non-Linear and Generalized Linear models and their extensions, including Hierarchical and Bayesian variants; Survival models; Spatial and Time-series models; Machine Learning algorithms such as Neural Networks, Support Vector Machines, etc.
- M.S in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Operations Research or related quantitative field
- 3+ years of experience deploying algorithms in a production environment
- Proficient in one or more of Python, Java, Scala, C++ and deep learning frameworks such as PyTorch, Tensorflow and Keras
- Experience designing algorithms on Hadoop ecosystem at scale
- Experience designing algorithms for a relevance system such as a personalized tools, search/ranking, recommender systems, forecasting, marketing, optimization, etc.
- Strong engineering mindset and exposure to software engineering principles, Agile methodologies, data pipeline engineering, distributed systems and ML at scale
- A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Why grow your career with Target AI?
You will work directly on the AI/ML problems at the grandest scale that have the most impact on Target's entire eCommerce/Digital, Supply Chain, Forecasting and Merchandising teams.
- We value diversity! We believe that diversity and inclusion is of core importance when we try to create positive in-store experiences for our guests, and we think it is also critically important when building our teams. Read more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion
- We love open source! Many of our team members contribute to open source communities and get to do it during work time. We try to contribute back to our communities where we can and are grateful to be able to open source some of our own projects!
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture