Sr Analyst Audit Data AnalyticsApply Now Job ID: R0000110925 job family: Audit schedule: Full time Location: 33 S 6th St, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Right on pace with Target’s distinctive retail brand, in a role in Target Finance and Accounting, you will be a truly collaborative partner with a seat at the table. You’ll bring your unique point of view, experience and passion for the work to your team and internal clients. In Finance, you’ll be an integral voice in discussions that lead to Target’s unparalleled shopping experience. Your analysis and recommendations will be directly applied to critical business decisions, from sales to merchandising and beyond. Within Finance, you’ll enjoy the interesting challenges of the competitive retail space. You’ll see your contributions come to life in virtually every area of this dynamic enterprise. And you’ll grow and be challenged in your career while having a healthy balance with life outside of work.
Internal Audit provides independent assurance and risk insights to and collaborates with business owners across the enterprise. You’ll use professional judgment, analytics, agile concepts and other innovations daily. You’ll understand, assess the effectiveness of and help improve risk management capabilities (e.g., processes and controls) for Target’s strategic, business and compliance objectives.
Roles & Responsibilities:
As a Sr. Audit Analyst with the Internal Audit team, you will be responsible for
- Driving Internal Audit’s data analytics strategy & efforts.
- Working closely with the Internal Audit Management team in order to identify opportunities for use of data analytics across an engagement lifecycle including Risk Assessment, Audit Plan development, Fieldwork, Findings management, Quality assessment, Management Reporting, etc.
- Engaging with different internal audit teams to gather their data requirements and build data models & tools that will enable them to have meaningful risk insights.
- Providing data support for Internal Audit operations & use data visualization tools like DOMO to build dashboards that can be leveraged by the leadership team.
- Being a valued partner in all the Automation efforts initiated by Internal Audit team by providing the necessary data support in order to achieve the automation goals.
- Supporting the management efforts in improving the Data Analytics acumen of the Internal Audit team members through training, workshops & knowledge sharing.
- Partnering closely with the Data Sciences team at Target to obtain access to the different enterprise level data stores like Big Data, Teradata and build custom dashboards.
- Using quantitative & qualitative analysis of control issues/findings identified by audit, management or regulators, to identify potential risk themes emerging across the enterprise.
- Leveraging enterprise data analytics tools like DataStream to perform ETL functionalities across enterprise & financial applications like Archer eGRC, SAP, SharePoint, etc.
- Demonstrating a high level of engagement at work by closely interacting with HQ Internal Audit Team, participation in Internal Audit trainings, team building & community relations activities.
- Being independent, innovative & proactive in taking steps for your personal development by willingly taking on stretch assignments, cross-functional engagements & acquiring of new skills.
Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- B.A/B.S degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics or area of study related to data sciences and data mining
- 3 - 4 years of Data Analyst experience in a client facing delivery team supporting an Audit, Risk/Control, or Data Science function within a large organization.
- Hands on experience in working & solving complex business problems using a variety of data mining & data analysis techniques like exploratory analysis, statistical modeling, etc.
- Proven expertise in one of the database/programming languages like SQL,VB, R, SAS, Python, etc.
- Hands on experience in database technologies like Big Data, Teradata & visualization tools like MS-Excel, PowerBI,Tableau, DOMO, QlikView, etc.
- Hands on experience in projects involving complex ETL processing & operations.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal and negotiating skills demonstrated in dealing with varied stakeholders.
- Self-driven, inquisitive, problem solver & a team player.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture