Sr Android Engineer - USApply Now Job ID: R0000063049 schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
JOIN US AS A SENIOR ANDROID ENGINEER
Similar Industry Titles and Key Words: Mobile Developer, Android Developer
About This Opportunity
Target is one of the world’s most recognized brands and one of America’s leading retailers. Our guests love our commitment to continual innovation and right now, we are up to big things. Our goal is to deliver Target’s unique brand promise to guests wherever and whenever they shop, today and tomorrow: in-store, online, on tablets and mobile phones, and in the retail channels of the future.
The challenges and scale are big. You’ll have the opportunity to design, develop and support innovative solutions across a variety of applications, platforms and environments, building tomorrow’s technologies and capabilities from Social to Search, Promotions to Products and Content to Computer Vision. You’ll put your skills, experience and passion to work in an entrepreneurial environment and you’ll have the stability and the commitment of a Fortune 40 company at your back.
Use your skills, experience and creativity to bring groundbreaking thinking and a visionary approach to our high performance team.
As an Senior Android Software Engineer – Mobile you will:
• Keep abreast of technology trends and advances in mobile and wearable technologies
• Research, evaluate and provide objective feedback on technologies
• Inform innovation design with relevant technology insights
• Develop fully functional prototypes to objectively test against hypotheses
• Be able to produce clear and concise technical deliverables for internal and external use
• Innovate constantly and maintain the technical edge
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent military or industry experience
• 4+ years of experience in software design & development
• 3+ years of experience developing apps for Android
• Experience with distributing mobile applications via public app stores and/or enterprise channels
• Excellent knowledge of working with dynamic data using services (e.g., JSON, REST APIs, etc)
• Experience performance profiling and tuning consumer facing mobile applications
• Excellent hands on skills with Android application development tools, including Android Studio, Android SDK and ADT
• Heroic get-it-done self-starter attitude
• Good communicator and team player with strong organizational skills
• Proactively helps drive innovation within the company
• Experience integrating with Maven and using other third party frameworks tools and SDKs, such as Retrofit, RxJava and Glide
• Experience with continuous delivery in mobile, including Test- or Behavior-Driven Design, code review, static analysis, continuous integration, automation and functional testing.
• Experience integrating social media platforms, including Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
• Experience with authenticated sessions using OAuth and authentication tokens
• Experience with iOS development
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture