Sr Audience AnalystApply Now Job ID: MAR0001EE Date posted: 10/25/2018 Location: 0501 - HQ MN Minneapolis Downtown, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Senior Audience Analyst
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Fueling the continued success of one of the world’s most beloved and recognized brands is a distinctly capable, creative and innovative Marketing organization. Target Marketing is well known for inspiring and surprising guests, and we pride ourselves on connecting them to the products and experiences they expect and deserve from Target. We study our guests to discover new needs and insights, and then craft every interaction to build brand love. We are market experts who insist on a clear and cohesive understanding of our business objectives, guest segments and behaviors, strategies and tactics, overcoming obstacles and measuring success. Our commitment to partnering both internally and with external agencies gives us a wide range of capabilities, from award-winning creative work to exciting and unique promotional marketing. Leveraging our collective assets and fostering a healthy, supportive and open team culture, we deliver a holistically gratifying experience that guests can only get at Target.
A role with Target Digital Media & Search means being close to the action of delivering profitable sales to Target.com and bringing the business’s multichannel vision to life. You’ll create and implement industry-leading digital media plans for Brand & Category Marketing while staying on the cutting edge of emerging digital media innovations. Cultivating an environment of full-team engagement, leadership and personal development, you’ll be a champion for open communication and program transparency.
At Target, we have a rich customer data asset that includes a vast amount of signals on what consumers care about and how they want to interact with brands. Join us in designing and implementing an advanced audience approach through big data and automated technology capabilities.
As a Senior Audience Analyst you’ll leverage a combination of strategic and technical skills to:
- Support our work toward a unified, real-time, cross-channel, cross-platform view of the Target Guest
- Execute project requirements ensuring that work focuses on maximizing business value while also tracking key performance indicators
- Work with data scientists and technologists to build and test predictive modeling approaches for Guest contact and message strategies
- Work hands on with our Hadoop big data environment to uncover compelling insights about the Target Guest
- Visualize data to provide non-technical users with the ability to uncover their own insights
- Support production/rollout of new audience capabilities, including data visualization proof of concept tests
- Ensure successful ingestion of new data sets and manage ongoing technical requirements with product teams
- Manage day-to-day execution with key internal and external audience partnerships
- Develop and maintain documentation for the team including our Audience Scorecard
- Serve as audience representative and liaison to key internal stakeholders as advancements are made and need to be tested/socialized
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Four-year degree and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in digital marketing, including digital audience and segmentation experience
- Strong understanding of data management, testing, and modeling
- Strong understanding of data analytics in service of segmentation and personalization in digital media
- Experience using querying languages (e.g. SQL/Hive) in relational data bases or big data environments (e.g. Hadoop)
- Experience with technology and ability to facilitate communication between business and tech teams, including presenting technical material to non-technical audiences
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing projects with excellent organization & attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment
- Natural curiosity, persistence and problem solving skills
- Understanding of statistical principals and modeling, as well as programming languages such as R or Python
- Experience running analyses and building dashboards with data visualization tools (e.g. Domo, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI)
- Experience working in an agile environment (e.g. user stories, iterative development, etc.)
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture