Sr. AuditorApply Now Job ID: R0000061284 schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Right on pace with Target’s distinctive retail brand, in a role in Target Finance and Accounting, you will be a truly collaborative partner with a seat at the table. You’ll bring your unique point of view, experience and passion for the work to your team and internal clients. In Finance, you’ll be an integral voice in discussions that lead to Target’s unparalleled shopping experience. Your analysis and recommendations will be directly applied to critical business decisions, from sales to merchandising and beyond. Within Finance, you’ll enjoy the interesting challenges of the competitive retail space. You’ll see your contributions come to life in virtually every area of this dynamic enterprise. And you’ll grow and be challenged in your career while having a healthy balance with life outside of work.
Internal Audit provides independent assurance and risk insights to and collaborates with business owners across the enterprise. You’ll use professional judgment, analytics, agile concepts and other innovations daily. You’ll understand, assess the effectiveness of and help improve risk management capabilities (e.g., processes and controls) for Target’s strategic, business and compliance objectives.
As a Senior Auditor, you will lead the development and execution of internal audit activities, leveraging your knowledge of risk management capabilities, including identifying and assessing risks and internal controls and utilizing your subject matter expertise within technology and business processes. Leading internal audit activities requires working independently with a high level of initiative, providing direction and coaching to others, managing projects effectively, communicating with business owners and developing & maintaining strong business relationships.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Testing & reporting on the internal controls over financial reporting (ICoFR) in compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) for IT & business processes.
- Participating in IT & business process walkthroughs in collaboration with the control owners, 2nd line teams & Target’s external auditors, documenting the process narratives & developing detailed test procedures.
- Reviewing and performing design & operating effectiveness testing for assigned IT general controls (ITGC), IT application controls (ITAC) and business controls while adhering to Internal Audit & PCAOB standards.
- Developing a strong understanding over Target’s risk management framework, internal policies & control procedures and ensure control objectives are met during the course of your testing
- Communicating any findings noted during the testing and working with the internal audit, 2nd line team, control owners & external auditors to assess the impact of the findings.
- Managing relationships with key internal & external stakeholders and ensuring adherence to project timelines & deliverables.
- Identifying opportunities for use of data analytics & automation to enhance internal audit’s ability to perform efficient testing/audit.
- Demonstrating a high level of engagement at work by closely interacting with internal audit team members, participation in internal audit trainings, team building & community relations activities.
- Being independent, innovative & proactive in taking steps for your personal development by willingly taking on stretch assignments, cross-functional engagements & acquiring of new skills.
Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- 4 year college degree (B.S/B.A) (IT, Accounting, Engineering or related field preferred).
- 4 - 8 years of internal or external audit experience focused on SOX 302/404 Compliance.
- Demonstrated strong professional judgment, critical thinking and written/oral communication skills.
- Experienced reviewing and testing business, IT, and application automated controls for various system environments.
- Basic knowledge in IT including operating systems like SAP, Windows, Linux, databases like Oracle, SQL, networking & Active Directory.
- CISA, CISSP, CIA and/or CPA
- Big 4, retail experience is a plus
- Hands on experience in Ariba, Wells Fargo Commercial Electronic Office (CEO), Kronos, MyAccess
- Experience in Identity & Access Management tools like Oracle Identity manager, ticketing tools like ServiceNow.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture