Sr AuditorApply Now Job ID: R0000129791 job family: Audit schedule: Full time Location: 33 S 6th St, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 500 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Right on pace with Target’s distinctive retail brand, in a role in Target Finance and Accounting, you will be a truly collaborative partner with a seat at the table. You’ll bring your unique point of view, experience and passion for the work to your team and internal clients. In Finance, you’ll be an integral voice in discussions that lead to Target’s unparalleled shopping experience. Your analysis and recommendations will be directly applied to critical business decisions, from sales to merchandising and beyond. Within Finance, you’ll enjoy the interesting challenges of the competitive retail space. You’ll see your contributions come to life in virtually every area of this dynamic enterprise. And you’ll grow and be challenged in your career while having a healthy balance with life outside of work.
Although Internal Audit is part of the Finance and Accounting team, Internal Audit provides independent assurance and risk insights to and collaborates with business owners across the enterprise. You’ll use professional judgment, analytics, agile concepts and other innovations daily. You’ll understand, assess the effectiveness of and help improve risk management capabilities (e.g., processes and controls) for Target’s strategic, business and compliance objectives.
As a Senior Auditor, you will lead the development and execution of Internal Audit activities, leveraging your knowledge of risk management capabilities, including identifying and assessing risks and internal controls and utilizing your subject matter expertise. Leading Internal Audit activities requires working independently with a high level of initiative, providing direction and coaching to others, managing projects effectively, communicating with business owners and developing and maintaining strong business relationships. You will foster your personal development by remaining current with industry trends and emerging risks and gaining unique experiences supporting a meaningful career. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- B.A/B.S degree
- 4-8 years of audit, risk or related business/retail experience
- Demonstrate strong professional judgment, critical thinking and written/oral communication skills
- Experience in guiding a team through annual SOX audit concepts (e.g., risk assessment/prioritization, process & internal controls, deficiency analysis)
- Demonstrate strong relationship building, professional judgment, and critical thinking skills (e.g., persuasion, influence, conflict resolution)
- Experience in guiding discussions related to control and process automation
- Experience using process automation and data analytical tools in business processes or controls testing/design
- Capabilities in assessing IT-related risks in financial business processes, ERP experience preferred
- Deep knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
- Ability to lead a team independently, prioritize work, balance multiple projects and deadlines
- CPA, CISA or similar designation preferred
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture