Sr AuditorApply Now Job ID: R0000136002 job family: Audit schedule: Full time Location: 33 S 6th St, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Right on pace with Target’s distinctive retail brand, in a role in Target Finance and Accounting, you will be a truly collaborative partner with a seat at the table. You’ll bring your unique point of view, experience and passion for the work to your team and internal clients. In Finance, you’ll be an integral voice in discussions that lead to Target’s unparalleled shopping experience. Your analysis and recommendations will be directly applied to critical business decisions, from sales to merchandising and beyond. Within Finance, you’ll enjoy the interesting challenges of the competitive retail space. You’ll see your contributions come to life in virtually every area of this dynamic enterprise. And you’ll grow and be challenged in your career while having a healthy balance with life outside of work.
Internal Audit provides independent assurance and risk insights to and collaborates with business owners across the enterprise. You’ll use professional judgment, analytics, agile concepts and other innovations daily. You’ll understand, assess the effectiveness of and help improve risk management capabilities (e.g., processes and controls) for Target’s strategic, business and compliance objectives.
As a Senior Auditor in the Financial and Retail Services (FRS) space, you will lead the development and execution of audit related activities, leveraging your knowledge of risk management capabilities, including identifying and assessing risks and internal controls and utilizing your subject matter expertise. You will assist in building strong connections within the team and our business partners to support the appropriate team priorities and ensure timely delivery of audit work and execution of Internal Audit’s strategy & efforts.
As a Senior Auditor with the Internal Audit team, you will be responsible for:
- Working independently with a high level of initiative, while providing direction and coaching to others
- Utilizing agile management techniques to develop and execute audit work
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with FRS and cross-functional business partners, including various second-line risk teams
- Demonstrating a high level of engagement at work by closely interacting with HQ Internal Audit Team, participation in Internal Audit trainings, team building & community relations activities
- Being proactive in taking steps for your personal and professional development
- Commitment to enhancing inclusive culture with in audit
Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- B.A/B.S degree in accounting, business, finance, Management Information Systems or related field of study
- 3-5 years of internal audit, risk consulting, financial services or related retail experience
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal and negotiating skills demonstrated in dealing with varied stakeholders and viewpoints
- Ability to influence leaders across various levels
- Inquisitive, creative problem solver and team player
- Experienced in using data analytics and visualization tools to solve business problems, such as Excel, Python, R, Domo, or SQL.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture