Sr Communication Business Partner, Executive CommunicationsApply Now Job ID: R0000093363 job family: Communications schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
JOIN US AS AN EXECUTIVE COMMUNICATIONS SENIOR BUSINESS PARTNER
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
A role with Target Communications means a chance to continuously improve the quality, relevance, creativity and authenticity of both internal and external storytelling. Bring your skills as a bold and forward-thinking professional communicator who thrives on building confidence, driving brand love and creating value. Here, you will shine as a relationship-focused pro who is strategically minded, an expert executor and an articulate brand ambassador. Rise to the challenge of driving results with smart risk-taking, constant innovation and perpetual teaching and learning. Comprised of Public Relations, Executive Communications, Crisis Management and Internal Enterprise Communications, this team strengthens and protects Target’s reputation and helps drive traffic, sales and guest loyalty. You will develop deep relationships with business partners to ensure critical information flows through multiple channels, building confidence with team members and external stakeholders and strengthening Target’s position within the competitive retail marketplace.
As an Executive Communications Senior Business Partner, you’ll join a team of executive communications experts who support our C-suite executives and other officers in conveying Target’s purpose, strategy and consumer brand through internal and external speeches, presentations, videos and team meetings.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Understanding the business- and thought-leadership landscapes and applying insights to best support our executives in internal and external communication.
- Flexing across key business areas and establishing rapport and trust with members of Target’s leadership team.
- Writing executive message platforms, speeches, scripts, presentations and other communications for internal and external audiences.
- Working closely with business leads on the Communications team and production partners in Marketing, particularly to produce Target’s key company meetings.
- High-profile communications responsibility in the public or private sector
- Several years of speechwriting experience, a love of speech-craft and a way with words
- Ability to establish and sustain rapport with top leaders and serve as a trusted counselor and coach
- Proactive in developing ideas to help leaders communicate to their teams or beyond
- Ability to master new topics quickly
- Excellent story-development and editing skills
- Talent for working with peers and influencing direction across a complex organization
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture