Sr Communications Business Partner - TechnologyApply Now Job ID: R0000082296 job family: Communications schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
JOIN US AS A Sr Communications Business Partner - Technology
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
A role with Target Communications means a chance to continuously improve the quality, relevance, creativity and authenticity of both internal and external storytelling. Bring your skills as a bold and forward-thinking professional communicator who thrives on building confidence, driving brand love and creating value. Here, you will shine as a relationship-focused pro who is strategically minded, an expert executor and an articulate brand ambassador. Rise to the challenge of driving results with smart risk-taking, constant innovation and perpetual teaching and learning. Comprised of Public Relations, Public Affairs, Crisis Management and Internal Enterprise Communications, this team strengthens and protects Target’s reputation and helps drive traffic, sales and guest loyalty. You will develop deep relationships with business partners to ensure critical information flows through multiple channels, building confidence with team members and external stakeholders and strengthening Target’s position within the competitive retail marketplace.
Serve as the Technology, Data Sciences and Cyber Security business Sr Communications Business Partner for Target Communications. Lead enterprise and external communications for Target’s technology team.
- This position is on Target’s Corporate Communications team, responsible for working with Target’s Chief Information Officer and other senior leaders to communicate the continued evolution of Target’s technology brand to reinforce retail leadership and relevance to guests.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Working closely with technology leadership and internal partners across the company to optimize technology communications to internal and external audiences that reflect progress against our corporate strategy and embody Target’s purpose.
- Help to bring the role of technology and its team members into focus for enterprise communications to underscore their role in driving Target’s success.
- Developing annual strategic plans to support Target’s technology team to internal and external stakeholders that drives corporate and employment brand.
- Develop and lead executive positioning for Target’s CIO and CISO (Chief Information Security Officer).
- Serve as a communications advisor to Target technology leaders, and manage participation in key events or speaking opportunities, media interviews, speechwriting and related communications activities.
- Engaging external stakeholders (including relevant forums, events, and organizations) to evaluate and create opportunities to convey Target’s technology story.
- Developing and engaging with relevant media about Target’s technology.
- Collaborating with Target’s overall communications team and internal partners to communicate in holistic way across all channels.
- Developing an editorial agenda reflecting key milestones, announcements, and feature stories for both internal and external communications.
- Managing PR agency relationships, performance and budgets.
- Monitor media landscape daily to better understand how Target and our competitive set are being covered externally.
- Serve as external spokesperson for Target.
- Cultivate productive relationships with key reporters.
- Strategic (and able to translate strategy into action and measurable results)
- Executive presence and the ability to coach/counsel senior leaders
- Requires ability to collaborate with peers and influence without authority
- Organized and able to balance multiple competing priorities on a daily basis
- Team player and effective at collaborating with multiple internal stakeholders to drive results
- Strong writer for various forms (i.e., email, speeches, media talking points)
- Strong media relations skills
- A storytelling mindset with business acumen
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture