Sr Compensation Business Partner
Sr Compensation Business Partner
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target Human Resources is well known for its signature ability to build the very best teams, and we infuse our work with Target’s distinctive retail brand by continuously experimenting, evolving and innovating. With the chance to positively impact nearly 350,000 people worldwide in our stores, distribution centers and headquarters, you’ll be a strategic partner to both the leaders and team members who elevate and nurture the Target guest experience. Our dynamic, passionate and responsive team comprises specialized people-professionals from several diverse disciplines. We operate behind the scenes to create a progressive culture of value, respect, reward and professional advancement.
A role with Pay and Benefits is all about the numbers. You’ll produce extensive benchmarking and complete rigorous market research and analysis to inform the right compensation mix for roles across the company. Your point of view will be directly applied; keeping Target competitive and standing out in the sea of other places candidates can choose to work. You’ll develop great relationships with our vendors to get the most out of our systems and resources. And you’ll help team members understand their compensation.
As a Sr Compensation Business Partner, you will play a key role in bringing our compensation strategy to life in our HR systems, tools, and reporting. You will own and manage key relationships with HR Center of Excellence (“COE”) partners and Compensation program owners and leaders. Other responsibilities include:
- Broad understanding of the Compensation strategy and projects to enable prioritization of needs within Workday and reporting tools
- Main liaison between Compensation and HR Process + Technology and Talent Analytics
- Owns the data, reporting and analytics strategy across the Compensation team
- Understands the data and reporting needs across the Compensation team and executes plans to deliver the right data at the right time
- Define and build processes to stabilize, enhance and maintain Compensation reporting and metrics
- Create new reporting requirements and prioritize report development, determining the best resource to create and manage our reporting
- Provides education to the Compensation team to empower them to use data in their daily work
- Owns planning & organization of communication on data and reporting issues
- Manage or contribute to special projects as needed
Core responsibilities are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience
- 3 - 5 years of Compensation, HR Systems, and/or Reporting experience
- Workday experience
- Strong attention to detail, along with being able to analyze data to make effective decisions
- Results oriented, being able to anticipate key issues and problems and come to resolution quickly
- Strategic thinker that can effectively present ideas to all levels of the organization
- Strong partnership and relationship skills
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture