Sr. Corporate Security Consultant and Intelligence AnalystApply Now Job ID: R0000069670 schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Sr. Corporate Security Consultant and Intelligence Analyst
Date: March 2020
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
To match the signature style and passion of Target’s distinctive and beloved retail brand, Target Legal Affairs is a dynamic and deeply knowledgeable team of legal pros, each with valuable expertise from several disciplines. Whether specializing in government affairs, policy, risk management, regulatory compliance, ethics or employee and labor relations, this team advocates for Target and its business plans in communities across the nation and works across the entire company to provide internal clients with cohesive guidance. We are committed to being internal experts to both internal and external entities on key issues that affect Target’s ability to productively do business. We focus on defining, investigating, anticipating and ultimately mitigating risk in all its forms. We apply our grasp of brand law by overseeing, maintaining and ensuring correct, consistent and authorized use of Target’s signature Bullseye logo, assets and other trademarked material. We help protect Target and its subsidiaries by applying our comprehensive understanding and interpretation of the laws that govern our stores, distribution centers and corporate locations. Here, you’ll enjoy working autonomously with a healthy work-life balance. Your passion for learning the business and building relationships with the senior leaders and key business partners that you support will be key to tackling the ever-changing legal challenges we face in a dynamic and fast-paced retail landscape. From brand and patent law to contract development and negotiations, you’ll be challenged and gratified by a role with Target Legal Affairs.
A role within Corporate Security means maintaining the physical security of our team members and property at our various facilities and locations. Here, you may support Target’s crises operations and continuity planning that provides guidance and procedures in the event of emergencies such as catastrophic weather.
- Responsible for collecting and converting raw information into finished intelligence in support of Corporate Security and other departments.
- Work with cross-company partners to understand risk trends and provide relevant insights and recommendations to enable informed decisions that safeguard Target’s team members, business, and reputation.
- Participates as an on-call leader to provide guidance and direction to the Corporate Command Center (C3) team, and function as a Headquarters Incident Leader (HQIL) during activations of Target’s cross-functional crisis response group (Green Team).
- Support the Global Crisis Management (GCM) team in disaster recovery and preparedness efforts to mitigate, prepare, respond to and recover from significant events and incidents that impact Target Corporation.
- Utilize analytical skills to execute Corporate Security projects in support of its strategic risk management strategy.
- Leverage project management experience to lead and/or support enterprise wide or cross functional efforts related to crisis management and security.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead detailed assessments based on open source data, partner information, or other research methods to support business decision-making in the EMEA and APAC regions.
- Support travel security, the intelligence production cycle, and key partners in the EMEA and APAC regions.
- Develop regional expertise in order to discern trends and warnings, and provide an accurate understanding of present and future threats.
- Identify company initiatives in which security intelligence supports the decision making process.
- Monitor regional security issues and alert leaders to developments and the potential impact they may have on the business.
- Research, evaluate, and apply intelligence standards to strategic initiatives and projects.
- Develop and implement reporting capabilities that foster continued quality assurance.
- Support Corporate Security projects to minimize risk to the organization.
- Build and maintain relationships with key internal and external partners regarding security matters.
- Develop and maintain a complete understanding of daily watch operations; provide support when required including establishing and maintaining watch floor procedures/protocols, incident assessment, validation, and escalation.
- Develop relationships with multiple internal and external business partners.
- Develop and update communications materials for strategic projects.
- Communicate initiative status and feedback to managers, key stakeholders, and leaders throughout the organization.
- Provide Corporate Security and key HQ business partners with analysis and recommendations in support of business priorities and strategic objectives.
- Actively participate in a culture of trust, accountability, open communication, teamwork, personal development, and recognition.
- Must be willing to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required.
Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
A successful candidate will have a proven track record of strategic thinking, problem solving and driving meaningful results. Key requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- 2-5 experience in intelligence, crisis management or a related field.
- Ability to quickly establish rapport, credibility, and trust.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking skills, and problem solving skills.
- Strong conceptual skills.
- Ability to communicate with senior leaders in crisis situations.
- Comfort making assessments without complete information.
- Ability to assimilate information quickly and accurately, and make decisions.
- Intellectually curious.
- Ability to synthesize and clearly communicate highly complex findings to focus on the critical issues and actionable opportunities.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite programs, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture