Sr Corporate Security Manager - Global Crisis ManagementApply Now Job ID: LAW0000CF Date posted: 11/28/2018 Location: 0501 - HQ MN Minneapolis Downtown, Minneapolis, Minnesota
JOB TITLE: Senior Corporate Security Manager – Global Crisis Management
Date: November 2018
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
To match the signature style and passion of Target’s distinctive and beloved retail brand, Target Legal Affairs is a dynamic and deeply knowledgeable team of legal pros, each with valuable expertise from several disciplines. Whether specializing in government affairs, policy, risk management, regulatory compliance, corporate security, ethics or employee and labor relations, this team advocates for Target and its business plans in communities across the nation and works across the entire company to provide internal clients with cohesive guidance. We are committed to being internal experts to both internal and external entities on key issues that affect Target’s ability to do business productively. We focus on defining, investigating, anticipating and ultimately mitigating risk in all its forms. We apply our grasp of brand law by overseeing, maintaining and ensuring correct, consistent and authorized use of Target’s signature Bullseye logo, assets and other trademarked material. We help protect Target and its subsidiaries by applying our comprehensive understanding and interpretation of the laws that govern our stores, distribution centers and corporate locations. Here, you will enjoy working autonomously with a healthy work-life balance. Your passion for learning the business and building relationships with the senior leaders and key business partners that you support will be key to tackling the ever-changing legal challenges we face in a dynamic and fast-paced retail landscape.
A role within Corporate Security means maintaining the physical security of our team members and property at our various facilities and locations. Here, you may support Target’s crisis operations and continuity planning that provides guidance and procedures in the event of emergencies such as catastrophic weather.
As part of the Global Crisis Management (GCM) team, the Senior Corporate Security Manager leads exempt team members to execute all phases (preparedness, response, recovery, improvement) of Target's Crisis Management Program; provides leadership to and evolution of Target's crisis response Green Team; leads, develops and executes strategy for Target's Workplace Violence Prevention Program (WVPP); leads non-exempt team members to execute Target's Corporate Command Center daily operations. Cultivates strong internal and external partnerships. Provide crisis leadership as part of the HQ Incident Leader on-call rotation.
• Develop and maintain an expertise in Target’s crisis response elements and processes.
• As part of the GCM leadership team, develop strategy and lead enabling actions for all aspects the GCM program and in support of overall Corporate Security strategy.
• Develop and implement GCM initiatives, processes and best practices to support strategic goals and account for evolving threats. Lead a Consultant in support of these efforts.
• Engage and modernize interactions with the Green Team through training, exercises and education.
• Develop a deep understanding of operational risks and drive response processes to minimize these risks through a continuous cycle of preparedness, response, recovery, and improvement.
• In close coordination and partnership with another Senior Corporate Security Manager, lead a team of C3 Senior Technicians in the execution of daily operations, including information collection and management; analysis and fusion; communication and dissemination; ensuring operational readiness through training and exercising; and incident response, escalation, and crisis management.
• Develop and implement WVPP initiatives, processes and best practices to mitigate current and future risks. Lead a team of three Lead Consultants in support of these efforts.
• Develop and maintain partnerships with Target team members, leaders, and external partners in support of GCM and WVPP strategy.
• Manage individual and team performance to meet performance standards consistently and increase team knowledge, skills, diversity and engagement.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree
• Experience leading a team
• Ability to build strategic vision and drive organizational change
• Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Strong self-motivator able to execute tasks with little or no guidance
• Strong inter-personal and networking skills
• Ability to work effectively in teams
• Able to effectively communicate with and influence senior leadership
• Able to work with highly confidential information
• Proven ability to influence key business partners without authority
• Strong organization and planning skills
• Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities and tasks
• Ability to work under stress and tight deadlines
• Willingness to work evenings, overnights, weekends, holidays and during non-business hours when required
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Office 360, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint)
• Advanced degree
• Interest and experience in emergency management, crisis management and security operations
• Interest and experience in threat assessment or workplace violence prevention
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture