Sr Creative Project ManagerApply Now Job ID: R0000067009 schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Target is one of the world’s most recognized brands and one of America’s leading retailers.
Fueling the continued success of one of the world’s most beloved and recognized brands is a distinctly capable, creative and innovative Marketing organization. Target Marketing is well known for inspiring and surprising guests, and we pride ourselves on connecting them to the products and experiences they expect and deserve from Target. We study our guests to discover new needs and insights, and then craft every interaction to build brand love. We are market experts who insist on a clear and cohesive understanding of our business objectives, guest segments and behaviors, strategies and tactics, overcoming obstacles and measuring success. Our commitment to partnering both internally and with external agencies gives us a wide range of capabilities, from award-winning creative work to exciting and unique promotional marketing. Leveraging our collective assets and fostering a healthy, supportive and open team culture, we deliver a holistically gratifying experience that guests can only get at Target.
Target Creative is the in-house creative agency dedicated to bringing one of the world’s most beloved and recognizable brands to life. Whether through design, marketing or brand work, we are the driving force behind delivering Target’s dynamic, inventive and unmistakable storytelling to its massive global audience. Our mission is to inspire a sense of joy, wonder and excitement, and to take our guests—and ourselves—somewhere new. Never resting on past wins or settling for anything less than extraordinary, our origin story built us to thrive in the competitive and changing retail marketplace. We tell a compelling and cohesive brand story, maximizing our messages across multiple platforms—whether via a digital art gallery or a new $1 billion children’s clothing brand. Operating as one fully integrated team in both the U.S. and overseas, Target Creative comprises the best and brightest talent to execute market-leading creative strategy, design, writing, video production, operations, digital, UX, social media and more. We leverage smart and rewarding external partnerships while closely aligning with our Target teams. Together, we tackle every creative challenge with our amplified strengths, ultimately bearing the groundbreaking creative work that helps make Target the decisive guest favorite, year after year.
As a Senior Project Manager, you will be a driving force in Target Creative by leading the project management of multi-channel creative elements and experiences, including new brand development, packaging and in-store marketing, from concept through delivery. You will drive project coordination across teams, both internal and external, hierarchies and categories.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead multi-channel, end-to-end project development and execution strategies and methods
- Establish and communicate detailed timing and deliverables to all partners across the project
- Act as main/central point of contact for creative and business partners
- Prioritize, resource and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Cultivate and maintain strategic partnerships and efficient working relationships with internal and external partners
- Ensure clarity of roles and responsibilities throughout project workflow
- Demonstrate critical thinking to connect and align all work
- Integrate and balance big picture with day-to-day work
- Oversee project from beginning to end, while leveraging appropriate execution experts
- Be proactive by identifying risks, roadblocks and level setting expectations with partners
- Build strong relationships with both internal and external Target partners
- Provide feedback, coaching and guidance where appropriate to enhance others’ skill development
- Celebrate team and organizational success. Credit others for their contributions and accomplishments
- Promote sharing of expertise and continuous learning across the organization
- Consistently demonstrate passion for the brand and the team’s contribution to the overall success of the organization
- Fosters an environment that embraces and solicits feedback as critical towards ongoing improvement.
- Reports to Senior Manager
- Partner with internal teams and all pyramids within the organization
- Partner with external resources, vendors and contractors
- Interacts frequently with other headquarters leaders and with senior leadership at Target
- Four year college degree
- 5-7 years of industry experience including mass advertising, direct mail, packaging, video, social, digital and/or experiential
- Ability to manage and execute complex projects in many different stages and work with ambiguity
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills, initiative and accountability
- Speaks and writes clearly and succinctly
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture