Sr. Data Analyst - Assets ProtectionApply Now Job ID: R0000081438 job family: Business Intelligence Reporting & Analytics schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
JOIN US AS A Sr. Data Analyst – Assets Protection, Shortage Research & Investigations
Target is one of the world’s most recognized brands and the second-largest retailer in the United States. One of the world’s leading and most recognized brands requires an industry-leading Asset Protection team who ensures the safety and security of our team, guests, store and merchandise. We use preventive techniques to maintain a comfortable, safe and secure environment, whether within our stores, our headquarters and throughout our supply chain. Here you will promote a culture of mindfulness around shortage and theft, while co-creating new processes with key field leaders and HQ partners.
The Asset Protection Shortage Research and Investigations exists to tackle the complex and constantly moving significant shortage opportunity at Target by quantifying and clarifying shortage drivers and partnering across the enterprise to effect profitable change. As a key player on this team, you’ll leverage existing data and seek out new data sources to generate new actionable insights to resolve, mitigate and prevent inventory shortage. You’ll work closely with partners and teams across the enterprise to ensure those that can impact shortage have the right information to make profitable business decisions and investments.
Target Assets Protection— Shortage Research
As a Sr. Data Analyst in Target’s Assets Protection’s Shortage Research & Investigations team you’ll work closely with partners across the enterprise to ensure they have the right information to make profitable business decisions and investments.
You’ll collaborate with business owners and technical partner’s teams within AP HQ and multiple other HQ partner teams to uncover causation and insights to enterprise level shortage (Inventory shrinkage) problems.
As a Sr. Data Analyst, you’ll take the lead as you…
- Work independently as well as with partners to perform data mining, analysis and provide insights to mitigate shortage risk
- Develop and deliver standardized datasets, reporting, and ad hoc queries
- Monitor and analyze data tables/reports/dashboards/pipelines and do root cause analysis and troubleshooting of issues that arise
- Align with critical upstream and downstream partners across the organization to stay aligned with data migration to ensure that datasets stay current and active
- Drive understanding and insights of shortage drivers and influence decision-makers with the results of your analysis
- 4 year college degree preferably in Statistics, Mathematics or technical/analytics field
- Subject matter expertise or significant experience in stores, and/or Supply Chain process or data analytics
- Experience pulling data, combining & performing analytics with it
- Ability to communicate insights in a way that’s consumable by various partners across the enterprise
- Extensive experience writing complex SQL statements
- Exposure to Big Data tools and Hadoop ecosystem (Hive, Spark, etc.)
- Experienced in collaborating across departments/pyramids and other teams
- Drives for results and manage execution: coordinate, prioritize, establish goals, ensure timelines are being met
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; tailors message by audience, handles setbacks and conflicts constructively and diplomatically, and provides essential information to the right people at the right time
- High level of initiative and organization, with the ability to be resilient and adaptable and manage ambiguity, risk, uncertainty and changing direction
- Comfortable with ambiguity and open-ended problems; curious and can leverage data and information to identify root causes
- Desire and ability to learn new data technologies and concepts quickly
- Proficient in SQL, familiarity with R and/or Python
- 2 plus years of industry' experience in stores, and/or Supply Chain process and data analytics
- 4 plus years of experience working in data analytics and reporting
- Assets Protection experience a plus
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture