Sr Data Analyst (BI) - Assets ProtectionApply Now Job ID: R0000081015 job family: Business Intelligence Reporting & Analytics schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
JOIN US AS A SR DATA ANALYST – AP Systems & Reporting
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
One of the world’s leading and most recognized brands requires an industry-leading Assets Protection team who ensures the safety and security of our teams, guests, stores and merchandise. We use preventive techniques to maintain a comfortable, safe and secure environment, whether within our stores, our headquarters or our distribution centers. Here you'll help promote a culture of mindfulness around safety and security while preventing and responding to incidents that fall within our many areas of expertise.
A role with the AP Systems & Reporting Team will put you at the center of the technology and reporting strategy for Assets Protection. You will support major strategic changes that will enable all AP teams to use data to identify root causes quickly and take action. Become part of the reporting strategy that will propel Assets Protection forward to provide predictive and proactive insights to clients. Be part of a team that is evolving how the AP teams are achieving results.
Target Assets Protection—Business Innovation
JOIN US AS A Sr. DATA ANALYST – Target AP Systems & Reporting
As the Sr. Data Analyst in Target’s Assets Protection team you’ll operate in the intersection of the business, data and technology within our fast paced, hyper-growth environment of Assets Protection. You’ll collaborate with business owners and technical partner’s teams within AP HQ and multiple other HQ partner teams to uncover insights and solutions to Assets Protection business problems. You’ll also work with leaders across the AP landscape to shape the future of Target with a rigorous data mindset.
Use your skills and experience to be a part of groundbreaking and visionary goals. As a Sr. Data Analyst, you’ll take the lead as you…
- Work independently as well as with partners to perform data mining, analysis and derive insights to assist with moving key objective moving forward.
- Develop and deliver standardized datasets, reporting, and ad hoc queries; and hold products and businesses accountable for results against goals and objectives.
- Monitor and analyze data tables/reports/dashboards/pipelines and do root cause analysis and troubleshooting of issues that arise.
- Standardize, automate and evangelize data definitions, concepts, methods, reports, and metrics across multiple teams.
- Align with critical upstream and downstream partners across the organization to stay aligned with data migration to ensure that datasets stay current and active.
- Provide recommendations based on data analysis. Isolate, identify and communicate data issues and own data quality for the data produced.
- Drive acceptance of data solutions and influence decision-makers with the results of your analysis.
- 4 year college degree preferably in Statistics, Mathematics or analytics field
- Extensive experience writing SQL statements as well as building and managing ETLs
- Experience with data collection/logging, Big Data tools and technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Hive, etc.) and BI platforms
- Experienced in collaborating across departments/pyramids/vendor teams and driving results through collaboration
- Drives for results and manage execution: coordinate, prioritize, establish goals, ensure timelines are being met and use resources
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; tailors message by audience, handles setbacks and conflicts constructively and diplomatically, and provides essential information to the right people at the right time
- High level of initiative and organization, with the ability to be resilient and adaptable and manage ambiguity, risk, uncertainty and changing direction
- Comfortable with ambiguity and open-ended problems; curious and can leverage data and information to identify root causes
- Desire and ability to learn new data technologies and concepts quickly as well as utilize at scale
- Technical and conceptual understanding of computer networks and web-based data systems
- 2 plus years of experience in Assets Protection, Loss Prevention or Law Enforcement
- 4 plus years of experience working in Digital/Web analytics and reporting with voluminous data
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture