Sr. Designer- ArchitectureApply Now Job ID: R0000115452 job family: Space Planning & Design schedule: Full time Location: 33 S 6th St, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Sr. Designer - Architecture
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target’s distinctive brand love is infused throughout its many physical locations by the Properties teams. We have a direct and positive impact on the real estate, design, construction and maintenance of our stores, distribution centers and headquarters. Are you ready to help strategically grow Target’s brand through leading-edge design, development, construction and preservation? Can you effectively balance the efficiencies of a large-design build company with the unique challenges and innovative solutions required by individual sites? Then take your place on one of our Properties teams, and help us make the most of Target’s physical assets, both in the U.S. and overseas.
A role inStore Design-Architecture means the opportunity to apply your innovative and sustainable architectural design and technical expertise. Your work will ultimately help define the physical experience. The interactions and connectivity between the physical, digital and human elements Target develops for our guest, will evolve the brand image in store and ultimately support Target’s business strategies. You’ll interpret program and scope details to integrate them with interior and exterior site design and aesthetic for new stores, remodels and innovation projects
As a Sr. Designer, you will play a critical role in the delivery of all Store Design programs by acting as a key liaison between design consultants (Architecture & Engineering) and internal stakeholders (including Target Architecture, Engineering, Store Planning, and Construction). You will help develop and deliver the right tools and resources for Target’s Design Consultant pool that will guarantee flawless delivery of all design documentation. Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- 4 Year accredited degree (interior design or architecture)
- 2+ Years relevant experience (retail preferred)
- Experience executing programs with significant cross-functional representation
- Excellent communication, presentation, organizational and project management skills
- Proven analytical skills in relation to programming, space allocation, planning and design.
- Proficiency in project management application (MS Project, Excel, SmartSheets)
- Ability to lead design, while thinking strategically and conceptually.
- Self-motivated with a high level of accountability to coordinate multiple programs, develop and adhere to schedules, prioritize workload, work in a fast paced, challenging and continually evolving environment.
- Experience with relevant computer design applications (Sketchup, 2D CAD, 3D Modeling/Rendering, Revit, PhotoShop, Illustrator, etc.)
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture