Sr Designer - Enterprise UXApply Now Job ID: TAR0005K6 Date posted: 02/04/2019 Location: 0501 - HQ MN Minneapolis Downtown, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Optimize and create new visual design hierarchy and patterns for internal tools, in-store guest experiences, and store Team Members
- Understand how to incorporate both qualitative and quantitative research into the design process and be able to articulate and defend design decisions using this research as an input and a guide.
- Support your product area with all Discovery tasks – generating new concepts and hypotheses, rapidly prototype and test those ideas, support and conduct UX research, pivot quickly to new directions.
- Follow through on delivery: own production design with an eye for detail and efficiency to create detailed design documents and assets to support engineering in shipping the product out the door.
- Collaborate wildly well with others including other designers, engineers, product managers, QA staff, and accessibility team members
- Consult with other internal tools teams across Target to ensure cohesiveness of the digital ecosystem for Target employees and external vendors.
- Assist with creating and maintaining an internal tools design system, together with Lead design systems designer, engineers and accessibility, to ensure reusable, proven and tested patterns are documented and socialized to individual tools teams.
- 4+ years experience in digital software product work with emphasis in UX Design, Interface Design and interaction design.
- Expert skills in design and prototyping tools (includes Sketch, Invision, Proto.io, Illustrator, Photoshop or equivalent)
- Experience in both in-person and remote UX research methodologies and ability to conduct or partner with research expert
- Must work well independently and have the ability to successfully lead large-scale projects and initiatives involving multiple cross-functional teams
- Must be an exceptional collaborator and persuader
- Must be able to work well in a matrixed environment
- Must be able to present well and articulate and defend design decisions with grace, logic and data
Similar Industry Titles and Key Words: User Experience, UX Designer, UI Designer, UX/UI, Interaction Designer, Visual Design
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture