Sr Designer, Stars Above Women's Sleepwear
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
At the heart of one of the world’s best loved and most recognizable brands is an impeccable Owned Brand Management & Product Design organization. We thrive on the magic of discovering that just-right thing, and we infuse everything we do with our passion for affordable chic. We concept, develop, make and deliver the stylish new favorites that Target guests expect and deserve. We are uber-savvy trend and style experts who stay ahead of the curve, proactively identifying our market’s needs and exceeding them, every time. Join one of our dynamic and inventive teams to influence the style, quality and value that decisively position Target above the competition. Your input will have a direct and positive effect, whether on home, hardlines or apparel & accessories categories. Here, you’ll be close to the action of dreaming up and bringing to life the Target-owned brands that surprise and gratify guests, wherever and whenever they love to shop.
A role with the Design team means a big opportunity to start from scratch and create something truly original. Are you a design expert who can support your business by staying one step ahead of industry trends, new materials and techniques? Can you demonstrate the utmost attention to detail and create products that are unprecedented in the marketplace for their design and quality for the price? Then you’ll have success on our Design team who owns the design and development of all Target-owned brands, from apparel to home goods, and beauty to essentials. In close partnership with our merchant and sourcing counterparts, you’ll drive brand cohesion and continuity, ensuring that our products meet the merchant line plans, assortment strategies, price points and overall creative direction.
As a Sr Designer, you’ll be accountable for and lead Owned Brand Product Design and Development with direction from design leaders to achieve overall product design strategy and merchant objectives. You will design lines for a category, brand, business or guest segment utilizing your proficiency/expertise in product design and development. You will be accountable for and lead the PD&D Design and Development Processes, which includes:
- Lead, own and drive all product design and development for Stars Above women’s sleep and loungewear and Wondershop sleepwear for the family; from concept through product finalization.
- Gather images and create presentation trend tools for Stars Above, Wondershop and Auden.
- Drive guest research and feedback sessions for Stars Above and Wondershop.
- Work with fabric engineer to develop fabrics seasonally.
- Work closely with design director, textile design artist, and trend director to create color palettes seasonally.
- Collaborate with textile design artist to curate prints for the season.
- Partner with engineers and sourcing managers to design into costing goals, considering construction and raw materials.
- Work closely with technical designer, driving expression of fit.
- Work with visual team, buyer, and design director to create seasonal merchandising stories.
- Create and maintain presentation tools, CADs, and input product information into product tracking systems.
- 4 year Design, Fine Art or similar degree and minimum 8-12 years’ experience.
- Passion for a trend-forward or contemporary modern aesthetic.
- Computer design system skills including Illustrator and Photoshop. Clo is a plus.
- Commercial sense, market knowledge, ability to research and apply market/trend information
- Expertise in CAD illustration and hand sketching.
- Knowledge of sleep and lounge fabrics, garment construction/fit, and raw materials & product production.
- Knowledge and experience in Women’s Apparel Design. Sleep and Loungewear experience is a bonus.
- Understanding of guest/consumer mindset.
- A strong design point of view and ability to design modern, collection-based sleep and loungewear.
- Experience assimilating product feedback.
- Ability to lead and drive projects divisionally, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience working in a product development environment.
- Ability to successfully work in a collaborative, fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to respond to business objectives with creative, innovative and cost-effective design solutions.
- Highly organized, technical in your sketching, and have a keen attention to fabric, construction, and trims.
- Experience working with import vendors.
- Availability for travel 3-5x year.
- Experience designing Women’s Sleepwear.
- Experience designing Women’s Loungewear.
- Experience sourcing fabrics and selecting washes/finishes for lounge knits.
- Experience working with a cross-functional team for a large brand or vertical retailer.
Core responsibilities are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture