Sr DesignerApply Now Job ID: R0000112588 job family: Space Planning & Design schedule: Full time Location: 33 S 6th St, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target’s distinctive brand love is infused throughout its many physical locations by the Properties teams. We have a direct and positive impact on the real estate, design, construction and maintenance of our stores, distribution centers and headquarters. Are you ready to help strategically grow Target’s brand through leading-edge design, development, construction and preservation? Can you effectively balance the efficiencies of a large-design build company with the unique challenges and innovative solutions required by individual sites? Then take your place on one of our Properties design teams and help us make the most of Target’s physical assets, both in the U.S. and overseas.
A role in Store Design means the opportunity to apply your innovative and sustainable design and technical expertise. Your work will ultimately help define the physical experience. The interactions and connectivity between the physical, digital and human elements Target develops for our guest, will evolve the brand image in store and ultimately support Target’s business strategies. You’ll interpret program and scope details to integrate them with interior and exterior site design and aesthetic for new stores, remodels and innovation projects.
As a Sr. Designer, you will participate and lead in the coordination and development of area specific or total store designs, tools and/or criteria (e.g. Prototype) to ensure efficient and successful deployment of new stores, remodels, and special projects. Participate and lead partners in cross functional work streams (e.g. Construction, Sourcing/Procurement, Store Operations, Merchandising, Marketing, etc.) to ensure project scopes align with the company’s strategic priorities. (Scope, Schedule, Budget). You will Collaborate collaborate with partners both internal and external to Target, (external or internal) across teams, projects, and programs through informal and formal plan reviews, training, and mentorship to ensure design intent is maintained as new designs strategies are implemented. Job duties can and will change at any time due to evolving business needs.
- 4 Year accredited degree in Interior Design, Architecture, Engineering, Industrial Design or similar field.
- Strong design and technical skills (e.g. sketches, CAD, @D and 3D software, Microsoft Office) to aid in the development of design proposals that align with new and evolving business strategies
- Ability to synthesize complex information, competitive insights and design trends and translate to design concepts.
- High proficiency in CAD or Microstation, 3D rendering and Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication, presentation, organizational and project management skills
- Strong analytical skills in relation to programming, space allocation and planning
- Self-motivated and high level of accountability to coordinate multiple projects; develop and adhere to schedules; prioritize workload; and work in a fast paced, challenging, and continually evolving environment
- Strong communication & presentation skills
- 4+ Years relevant experience (retail preferred)
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture