Sr. Digital Art DirectorApply Now Job ID: R0000127353 job family: Digital Marketing schedule: Full time Location: 33 S 6th St, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Fueling the continued success of one of the world’s most beloved and recognized brands is a distinctly capable, creative and innovative Marketing organization. Target Marketing is well known for inspiring and surprising guests, and we pride ourselves on connecting them to the products and experiences they expect and deserve from Target. We study our guests to discover new needs and insights, and then craft every interaction to build brand love. We are market experts who insist on a clear and cohesive understanding of our business objectives, guest segments and behaviors, strategies and tactics, overcoming obstacles and measuring success. Our commitment to partnering both internally and with external agencies gives us a wide range of capabilities, from award-winning creative work to exciting and unique promotional marketing. Leveraging our collective assets and fostering a healthy, supportive and open team culture, we deliver a holistically gratifying experience that guests can only get at Target.
Target Creative is the in-house creative agency dedicated to bringing one of the world’s most beloved and recognizable brands to life. Whether through design, marketing or brand work, we are the driving force behind delivering Target’s dynamic, inventive and unmistakable storytelling to its massive global audience.
Our mission is to inspire a sense of joy, wonder and excitement, and to take our guests—and ourselves—somewhere new. Never resting on past wins or settling for anything less than extraordinary, our origin story built us to thrive in the competitive and changing retail marketplace. We tell a compelling and cohesive brand story, maximizing our messages across multiple platforms—whether via a digital art gallery or a new $1 billion children’s clothing brand. Operating as one fully integrated team in both the U.S. and overseas, Target Creative comprises the best and brightest talent to execute market-leading creative strategy, design, writing, video production, operations, digital, UX, social media and more. We leverage smart and rewarding external partnerships while closely aligning with our Target teams. Together, we tackle every creative challenge with our amplified strengths, ultimately bearing the groundbreaking creative work that helps make Target the decisive guest favorite, year after year.
As a Senior Digital Art Director, you will be a part of this Target Creative team and take a lead role in shaping the marketing presence of Target. You’ll develop innovative and effective creative executions that build brand equity, strengthen guest loyalty and, ultimately, drive sales. Specifically, you’ll use your skills, experience and talents to develop innovative ideas for digital advertising campaigns, while working closely in collaboration with associate creative directors, copywriters, experience designers, media experts, and developers. You’ll then be responsible for bringing each idea to life by crafting detailed visual concepts, including motion and interaction design, that are consistently in tune with the Target brand. You’ll also assist in the preparation of pitches and presentations, as well as see all work through every phase of production.
In this position, you’ll ultimately champion the company’s purpose, values and direction, while supporting Target Creative’s strategies, goals and objectives. You’ll be challenged to stay current with cultural and technical trends, seek creative solutions to overcome obstacles, and balance a variety of projects across multiple business categories.
And we’ll be there to support you along the way with individualized onboarding and coaching, as well as personal and career development to help you grow as a strong Digital Art Director. The exciting part of retail? It’s always changing! Core responsibilities of this position are described within the above job description. However, job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- 4-year college degree and/or equivalent work experience
- 5-7 years of digital creative experience
- Strong portfolio demonstrating breadth of design, digital media and photo art direction expertise
- Strong conceptual skills and expertise in typography, interaction, motion, and use of photography
- Expert knowledge of standard design software (Adobe tools, Mac platform, etc.)
- Familiarity with key digital media-specific creative tech (HTML5 animation, video, dynamic feeds, etc.) and tools (Google Web Designer, Hype, Sketch, etc.)
- Solid understanding of the digital media landscape, including its unique creative challenges.
- Basic understanding of social channels, their capabilities and how creative can be applied across digital channels
- Excellent problem solving, organization, critical thinking, presentation and communication skills
- Basic UX and front-end development knowledge and ability to communicate effectively with experience designers and developers
- Demonstrated ability to effectively navigate ambiguity
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and effectively with a group
- Flexible to travel (weekends included)
- PLEASE INCLUDE A LINK TO YOUR PORTFOLIO IN YOUR RESUME/APPLICATION
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture