Sr Engineer - Clearance TeamApply Now Job ID: R0000124660 job family: Technology Engineering schedule: Full time Location: 33 S 6th St, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We’re the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target’s passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world’s best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies—and the brightest people—to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
About the team:
Clearance is a multi-billion dollar business within Target. Be part of the product team that delivers the Enterprise Clearance capabilities that manage our End of Season inventory for our stores and digital channels, while optimizing margin impact."**Clearance**" is a permanent price reduction designed to help sell and eliminate product that is non-carry forward. We clearance product that we are no longer planning to sell in order to make room for new product. Discounting product via clearance enables us to entice the guest into purchasing so that we can sell through as much of the remaining product as we can before it is salvaged.
Desired technical skills:
Proficient in Java & OOPS concepts,
J2EE technologies Ability to develop scalable APIs on Spring and JPA
Ability to develop solutions using Apache Kafka
Sound understanding of Relational and Non-Relational Database’s
Knowledge of design patterns
Exposure to graphQl is a plusAbout you:
• 4 year degree or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of software development experience
• Demonstrates strong domain-specific knowledge regarding Target’s technology capabilities, and key competitors’ products and differentiating features
• Working knowledge on package-specific configuration and deployment along with ability to build custom solutions
• Designs new testing methods and resolves routine and non-routine technical issues with minimal assistance
• Demonstrates strong proficiency in core development platforms within own domain
• Builds strong commitment within the team to support the appropriate team priorities
• Clearly communicates Agile concepts to partners within product team
• Demonstrates a solid understanding of the impact of own work on the team and/or guests
• Writes and organizes code using multiple computer languages, including distributed programming and understand different frameworks and paradigm
• Delivers high-performance, scalable, repeatable, and secure deliverables with broad impact (high throughput and low latency)
• Influences and applies data standards, policies, and procedures
• Maintains technical knowledge within areas of expertise
• Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture