Sr Engineer - Digital Workforce ExperienceApply Now Job ID: INF000DHN Date posted: 02/04/2019 Location: 0501 - HQ MN Minneapolis Downtown, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Target is one of the world’s most recognized brands and one of America’s leading retailers. Our guests love our commitment to continual innovation and right now, we are up to big things. Our goal is to deliver Target’s unique brand promise to guests wherever and whenever they shop, today and tomorrow: in-store, online, on tablets and mobile phones, and in the retail channels of the future.
You can be part of designing, developing and launching a new digital workforce experience that will serve as the central entry point for team members to address all HR needs. The new experience will offer knowledge, case management, workflow, chat bots, and personalized information. You will put your skills, experience and passion to work in an entrepreneurial environment where success is rewarded.
We are looking for highly motivated engineering professionals who can accelerate our velocity by creating dynamic, accessible experiences that can be fully integrated into our CI/CD pipeline. Individuals in this role will have opportunities to gain a large breadth of knowledge by working with experts in many areas of software engineering.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of advanced CSS layout features, such as flexbox and/or grid, and implement them to fulfill the product vision
- Understand and debug yours and others’ code across the entire tech stack (Browser, IntelliJ, and distributed logs)
- Have familiarity and comfort with version control, preferably as it relates to Git.
- Experience implementing various testing levels (unit, system, load, etc.) throughout the development lifecycle
- Collaborate within and improve upon team processes, policies, procedures, and best practices
- Engage and collaborate with server-side development, UX, project management, and international teams
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Strong problem solving and technical debugging abilities
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for new and upcoming technologies
- Implements clean and secure coding practices
- 4 year degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Designs new testing methods and resolves routine and non-routine technical issues with minimal assistance
- Experience working with various data stores (PostgreSQL, Elastic, S3 Object Storage)
- Familiarity with the pub/sub paradigm, especially as it pertains to messaging (Kafka)
- Experience leading and working as part of an agile team to create valuable solutions to the organization
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of the impact of own work on the team and/or guests
- Delivers high-performance, scalable, repeatable, and secure deliverables with broad impact (high throughput and low latency)
- Influences and applies data standards, policies, and procedures
- Maintains technical knowledge within areas of expertise
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture