Sr Engineer - Finance TechnologyApply Now Location: 1000 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55403-2542; job id: R0000242472
job family: Product Engineering
schedule: Full time
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We're the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target's passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world's best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies--and the brightest people--to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores.
Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
As a Senior Engineer, you serve as a specialist in the engineering team that supports the product. You help develop and gain insight in the application architecture. You can distill an abstract architecture into concrete design and influence the implementation. You show expertise in applying the appropriate software engineering patterns to build robust and scalable systems. You are an expert in programming and apply your skills in developing the product. You have the skills to design and implement the architecture on your own, but choose to influence your fellow engineers by proposing software designs, providing feedback on software designs and/or implementation. You show good problem-solving skills and can help the team in triaging operational issues. You leverage your expertise in eliminating repeat occurrences.
About This Opportunity:
The Finance Technology teams are responsible for implementing, scaling and maintaining applications that help Target’s Finance ecosystem and maintain accurate financial results. As a part of this team you will be helping to design and develop critical applications that support realtime processing of financial data acrossTarget.com, stores, supply chain and backend financial systems. We support hundreds of millions of transactions every day. You will have opportunity to work on challenging projects and build highly scalable web applications and services along with supporting current integrations to stabilize production environment in Finance’s technology landscape.Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals.
As a Sr. Engineer, you'll take the lead as you...
- Work closely with other engineers and partners to ensure development meets business needs.
- Ensure architectural, infrastructure, operational, and security requirements are met.
- Drive standards and best practices while collaborating with the team to promote re-use and develop consistent technical build processes.
- Develop software and systems using test driven development and continuous integration and devops practices.
- Follow industry standard agile scrum software development methodology.
- Research technologies and make software recommendations.
- Innovate constantly and maintain Target's technical edge.Minimum
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience.
- 5-7 years of software development experience.
- Experience engineering and supporting distributed systems.
- Strong problem solving and thought partnership skills.
- Team attitude with a passion for collaborative agile development.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies.
- Experience with Java, Kotlin, Camel, Groovy, Spring Boot, REST, JSON, SQL, RDBMS, Kafka, Cassandra, CI/CD technologies and other web-based open-source development technologies.
- Experience using Apache-Kafka for Realtime system integration. Experience is supporting high volume applications in production.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture