Sr Engineer – Property DesignApply Now Job ID: R0000071029 job family: Technology Engineering schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We’re the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target’s passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world’s best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies—and the brightest people—to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
As a Senior Engineer in the Property Design engineering team, you will:
- Participate in full stack development which includes front-end and back-end systems development, testing, deployment and support.
- Build reusable components and libraries, and is responsible for adherence to standards, policies and development guidelines.
- Lead and conduct code and design review, testing, and debugging activities at the application level.
- Lead functional design and architecture discussions with understanding of process flows and system diagrams to enable design decisions.
- Initiate and execute research and proof-of-concept activities as needed.
- Provide technical oversight and coach others to resolve complex and severe technical issues.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Demonstrates proficiency in the Java language.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of RESTful services preferably using SpringBoot
- Experienced working with test-driven development, software test automation and testing frameworks including Jest and Spock.
- Experienced using CI/CD methodologies and tools in a DevOps environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate technical terms to a non-technical audience.
- Has the ability to clearly articulate thoughts and ideas to stakeholders and other partners
- Strong problem-solving and thought partnership skills
- Builds strong commitment within the team to support the appropriate team priorities
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of the impact of own work on the team and/or guests
- Influences and applies data standards, policies, and procedures
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
- Can effectively work in a small group setting in an Agile environment
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture