Sr Engineer - UI/Frontend (React/Redux) Data Sciences Platform teamApply Now Job ID: R0000132174 job family: Technology Engineering schedule: Full time Location: 33 S 6th St, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
JOIN TARGET AS A SR ENGINEER – UI/FRONTEND (React/Redux) DATA SCIENCES PLATFORM TEAM
Behind one of the world’s best loved brands is a uniquely capable and brilliant team of data scientists, AI engineers and data analysts. Target’s Data Sciences Platform team is developing an in-house Business Intelligence data visualization platform called Greenfield that allows users to make important business decisions informed by an ever-increasing amount of data. Greenfield enables hundreds of thousands of users per month to consume analytics through dashboards, cards, and application integrations on top of very large datasets at the speed of thought. Our mission is to serve our guests by empowering all Target team members to leverage data and analytics to make the best possible decisions.
As a Sr. UI Engineer on the Greenfield team, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Design, code, test, implement, support the Greenfield Platform, with an emphasis on UI development
- Code effective and efficient business intelligence data visualization experiences using latest technologies and frameworks.
- Participate in all phases of software development for web and cross platform web application projects.
- Responsible for adherence to standards, policies and development guidelines.
- Build reusable components and libraries.
Core responsibilities are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years software engineering experience, including project leadership
- 2+ years ReactJS and ReduxJS experience
- Experience with CSS tooling like SASS or styled-components and ReactJS component libraries like MaterialUI
- Experience with a UI testing framework, such as Cypress, Selenium, Jest
- Experience with the concepts and configuration of CI / CD
- Experience with using AJAX / XHR to consume RESTful Services
- Familiarity with UI build utilities such as Yarn and NPM
- Familiarity with server-side languages (e.g. Java, Node.js, Kotlin, Python)
- Familiarity with Business Intelligence (BI) reporting applications
- Familiarity with database technologies (e.g. PostgreSQL, MongoDB)
- Ability to clearly articulate thoughts and ideas to stakeholders and partners
- Experience with hands on leadership and ability to mentor junior engineers
- Quick learner, flexible and open to change
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture