Sr Engineering Manager - Core Merchandising ApplicationsApply Now Job ID: R0000064199 schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
About This Opportunity
As a Sr. Engineering Manager, you will lead an engineering team in an agile environment building solutions. The key to the success of this position is having strong & innovative approach to problem solving, great technical leadership, excellent communication (written and verbal, formal and informal), flexibility, and a self-motivated working style with attention to detail.
Core Merchandising – As a Sr. Engineering Manager in Merchandising, you will be building applications for the users within the heart of retail – the buyers and planners. The Assortment Planning applications are a suite of applications that support planning, negotiations, assortment to location decisions, financial planning for in store and online products. The role will require maturity around driving multiple key initiatives, dealing with ambiguity, building, growing and managing talent, working across a number of business partners, etc. These products are very high visibility and estimated to impact sales by close to $800M in 2020.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Sr. Engineering manager, you’ll take the lead as you…
- Manage overall software development cycle, driving best practices and ensuring development of high quality code for common assets and framework components.
- Build and lead a team of high caliber software development engineers
- Architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Manage and execute against project/agile plans and set deadlines
- Drive resolution of technology roadblocks including code, infrastructure, build and deployment
- Manage cross-product technical dependencies and drive resolutions to conflicts
- Advocate for technologies, frameworks, design patterns, processes and guiding values of the domain architecture
- Ensure all code adheres to all development & security standards
- 8+ years of engineering (software development) experience. Experience with at least one full cycle implementation from requirement to production. Experience in building/implementing high performance & scalable server-side applications
- 1+ years of managing software development teams with a strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
- Experience operating medium to large scale systems
- Experience with test-driven development and software test automation
- Strong sense of ownership
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to variety of audiences
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent
- Experience with Java, Groovy, Spring, Grails- JVM language and framework
- eCommerce experience with a track record of innovation
- Contribute back to the Open Source community is desirable
- Extensive experience working in an agile environment (i.e. user stories, iterative development, etc.)
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture