Sr Experience Designer - Creative MarketingApply Now Job ID: R0000055982 job family: User Experience & Interface schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Sr Experience Designer
Target is an iconic, beloved and well recognized brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Fueling the continued success of one of the world’s most beloved and recognized brands is a distinctly capable, creative and innovative Marketing organization. Target Marketing is well known for inspiring and surprising guests, and we pride ourselves on connecting them to the products and experiences they expect and deserve from Target. We study our guests to discover new needs and insights, and then craft every interaction to build brand love. We are market experts who insist on a clear and cohesive understanding of our business objectives, guest segments and behaviors, strategies and tactics, overcoming obstacles and measuring success. Our commitment to partnering both internally and with external agencies gives us a wide range of capabilities, from award-winning creative work to exciting and unique promotional marketing. Leveraging our collective assets and fostering a healthy, supportive and open team culture, we deliver a holistically gratifying experience that guests can only get at Target.
Target Creative is the in-house creative agency dedicated to bringing one of the world’s most beloved and recognizable brands to life. Whether through design, marketing or brand work, we are the driving force behind delivering Target’s dynamic, inventive and unmistakable storytelling to its massive global audience. Our mission is to inspire a sense of joy, wonder and excitement, and to take our guests—and ourselves—somewhere new. Never resting on past wins or settling for anything less than extraordinary, our origin story built us to thrive in the competitive and changing retail marketplace. We tell a compelling and cohesive brand story, maximizing our messages across multiple platforms—whether via a digital art gallery or a new $1 billion children’s clothing brand. Operating as one fully integrated team in both the U.S. and overseas, Target Creative comprises the best and brightest talent to execute market-leading creative strategy, design, writing, video production, operations, digital, UX, social media and more. We leverage smart and rewarding external partnerships while closely aligning with our Target teams. Together, we tackle every creative challenge with our amplified strengths, ultimately bearing the groundbreaking creative work that helps make Target the decisive guest favorite, year after year.
We are looking for a passionate, guest-obsessed digital expert to join Target Creative.
This person supportscomplex, connected, and innovative multi-channel projects and experiences. They have an intuitive feeling for the way products and experiences should work and a deep understanding of what Target guests want. They are driven by empathy and how a guest feels when experiencing Target branded experiences. They support the work through strong partnership and team collaboration. They challenge assumptions—thinking beyond the expected—to uncover hidden truths and human connections.
A successful Senior Experience Designer at Target Creative is an innovative designer, a design thinking advocate, an informed digital expert, a team player, an experience champion, a synthesizer and connector—all rolled into one.
- Design research and insights: partner with Guest Insights, Creative Strategy, and/or Product Design Research teams to support empathetic research activities and obtain key insights to shape experiences
- Experience architecture: map out the full guest experience to define opportunities across campaigns, channels, media and technologies
- User flows and guest journeys: map guest journeys, user flows and expected behavior
- Content architecture: translate business needs into a content strategy that works across platforms
- Prototype design: build out experiences that can be used to gain feedback from guests prior to launch
- Guest feedback: conduct qualitative research activities to inform our approaches
- Campaign insights: obtain key campaign metrics to help refine experiences and/or shape future initiatives
- 5-8 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Digital agency or equivalent work experience desired
- Proven strategic and creative thinker driven by human needs
- Collaborative working style necessary
- Ability to manage and execute complex projects/partners through various stages and work with ambiguity
- Refined communication and presentation skills
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture