Sr Fabric EngineerApply Now Job ID: R0000124794 job family: Product Design Engineering schedule: Full time Location: 33 S 6th St, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
A role in Material Engineering means being on a team of material engineers who create products that truly embody the intent of Target-owned brands and deliver on guests wants and needs.
Do you have an understanding of Fabric related processes, controls and technological needs for manufacturing quality product? Can you ensure that each product has just the right mix of style, quality and value? Do you have a pulse on material trends, manufacturing advances and industry leading technology or innovation that meet strategic business goals? Do you have a strong knowledge of government regulations, safety protocols and performance standards for textiles?
Then you’ll have success on our talented and innovative team. Here, you will be responsible for developing a Material strategy for our All in Motion brand, develop and engineer fabrics that meet our quality, responsible sourcing and performance standards and align to long range plans. You will provide fabric technical expertise to cross-functional partners. You will analyze consumer and market trends to develop and recommend Brand right material palettes.
You will build technical specifications and communicate with Team Members around the world, the supply chain including raw materials suppliers, chemical suppliers and garment vendors.
You will collaborate with internal partners to update quality standards and raw materials based on industry trends and benchmarking. You will play a key role in translating material priorities.
You’ll leverage collective expertise to improve cost of goods, assembly, responsible sourcing and ROI. You will build brand stewardship and ensure that the brand vision is clearly understood and successfully brought to life with every product we offer.
Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Expert on government regulations, safety protocols and Target performance standards for textiles.
- Continuously assess benchmarks and competition in comparison to owned brands; identifies and drives forward new business growth opportunities.
- Uses data analytics to stay current on guest trends, industry innovation and new technology pertaining to raw materials, advances and applications; identify and drive opportunities for Target.
- Expert knowledge of Matrix and Business Partners' capabilities to deliver Brand aesthetics and attributes
- Research & develop new raw-materials with new or specific properties for use in a variety of products.
- Builds robust Fabric Strategy for complex brands to deliver on guest needs
- Holds self and partners accountable to Fabric Development Process and Calendar; makes recommendations for process/calendar improvements as appropriate.
- Expert knowledge of Fabric Construction Analyses and interpretation and manufacturing processes.
- Leverages internal and external partnerships to optimize execution and drive opportunities for Target
- Create and route fabric technical specifications; owns a brand(s), subtype(s) or category; may have larger, more complex business scope.
- Communicates with cross functional partners as needed to Identify/ address “Guest” and related quality issues in production and coordinate for issue resolution
- Provide timely resolution to all issues relating to fabric development.
- Provide technical expertise as needed to cross-functional teams.
- Prepares and presents information in order to persuade partners.
- Provides mentorship and guidance to peers and team members.
- Leads projects outside of normal responsibilities.
- Engineering degree in textiles, materials or equivalent based on specialization, or equivalent work experience
- 7-10 years related industry experience
- Preferred background working with performance/athletic fabric
- Expert technical knowledge of yarn spinning, weaving, knitting, dyeing, printing and finishing processes
- Experience in engineering sustainable fabrics
- Experience in engineering and validating guest-centric performance claims
- Strong knowledge of US Federal, State and Local Regulations related to apparel and textile industry
- Strong knowledge of textile testing methods and performance standards
- Strong knowledge of apparel manufacturing (cut and sew)
- Excellent problem solving and creative thinking skills.
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Strong project management and organization skills
- Strong communication and presentations skills
- Ability to influence broad range of cross-functional partners
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture