Sr Financial Analyst FP&A - Technology FinanceApply Now Job ID: R0000123744 job family: Financial Planning & Analysis schedule: Full time Location: 33 S 6th St, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Right on pace with Target’s distinctive retail brand, Target Finance and Accounting are transforming for the better. As so much more than a behind-the-scenes number-cruncher, you will be a truly collaborative partner with a seat at the table. You’ll bring your unique point of view, experience and passion for the work to your team and internal clients. In Finance, you’ll be an integral voice in discussions that lead to Target’s unparalleled shopping experience. Your analysis and recommendations will be directly applied to critical business decisions, from sales to merchandising and beyond. Within Finance, you’ll enjoy the interesting challenges of the competitive retail space, and you’ll have a 360-degree impact—rather than on just one part of the business. You’ll see your contributions come to life in virtually every area of this dynamic enterprise. And you’ll grow and be challenged in your career while having a healthy balance with life outside of work.
A role on the Financial Planning and Analysis team means providing insight and guidance to support Target’s strategic growth strategies and financial decisions. You’ll deliver objective and financially-focused insights to the business owners and finance leaders. You will be a critically important resource for long-term and annual financial planning, analysis and drive cross-company initiatives.
As a Sr. Financial Analyst in Technology Finance, you will:
- Drive financial discipline through core processes including forecast, annual goal, long range plan, and technology business reviews
- Lead strategic, cross functional relationships across technology senior leaders, broader FP&A partners, human resources, and sourcing.
- Influence strategic business case development for new technology implementation.
- Identify and drive process optimization opportunities that could extend across the broader team & organization.
- Immerse yourself in the business to become an expert, and bring enterprise financial insights & external perspectives to your partners.
Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Four-year degree in Accounting, Business, Economics, or Finance
- Four or more years Finance/Accounting/Audit or related Operations experience
- Experience working with spreadsheet applications (Microsoft Excel)
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, project management, planning and organization skills
- Outstanding communication and relationship-building skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit with strong initiative and willingness to take risks
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture