Sr Financial Analyst, MFA-Online (Full-Time Remote or Hybrid)Apply Now Location: 1000 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55403-2542; job id: R0000232823
job family: Financial Planning & Analysis
schedule: Full time
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Right on pace with Target’s distinctive retail brand, Target Finance and Accounting are transforming for the better. As so much more than a behind-the-scenes number-cruncher, you will be a truly collaborative partner with a seat at the table. You’ll bring your unique point of view, experience and passion for the work to your team and internal clients. In Finance, you’ll be an integral voice in discussions that lead to Target’s unparalleled shopping experience. Your analysis and recommendations will be directly applied to critical business decisions, from sales to merchandising and beyond. Within Finance, you’ll enjoy the interesting challenges of the competitive retail space, and you’ll have a 360-degree impact—rather than on just one part of the business. You’ll see your contributions come to life in virtually every area of this dynamic enterprise. And you’ll grow and be challenged in your career while having a healthy balance with life outside of work.
A role on the Financial Planning and Analysis team means providing insight and guidance to support Target’s strategic growth strategies and financial decisions. You’ll deliver objective and financially-focused insights to the business owners and finance leaders. You will be a critically important resource for long-term and annual financial planning, analysis and drive cross-company initiatives.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
As a Sr. Financial Analyst in Merchandise Finance (MFA-Online) you will:
- Create tools and analysis to estimate/communicate the impacts of financial decisions, change in business processes and data processing issues.
- Learn and educate as to how data, systems and processes across the organization relate and interact
- Educate merchants, analysts and leaders as to the nuances of retail and cost accounting metrics and how they impact actual and forecasted results.
- Partner with other teams across the organization to identify opportunities to remediate /enhance processes which distort financial results
- Represent Financial Planning and Analysis in understanding financial impacts of cross-functional business and system initiatives
- 4-Year college degree – Finance, Accounting, Business, or Economics
- Minimum 3 to 4 years of business experience
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven decision-making and influencing skills
- Strong Excel modeling skills
- Ability to build upon ideas/concepts/theories and achieve the desired goals
This position may be considered for a Full-Time Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target’s needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location.A Full-Time Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that’s not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada residents is $65,600(min) to $118,100 (max). Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Find competitive benefitsfrom financial and education to well-being and beyond.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture