Sr Financial AnalystApply Now Job ID: R0000131398 job family: Financial Planning & Analysis schedule: Full time Location: 33 S 6th St, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Right on pace with Target’s distinctive retail brand, Target Finance and Accounting are transforming for the better. As so much more than a financial analyst or a behind-the-scenes number-cruncher, you will be a truly collaborative partner with a seat at the table. You’ll bring your unique point of view, experience and passion for the work to your team and internal clients. In Finance, you’ll be an integral voice in discussions that lead to Target’s unparalleled shopping experience. Your analysis and recommendations will be directly applied to critical business decisions, from sales to merchandising and beyond. You’ll see your contributions come to life in virtually every area of this dynamic enterprise. And you’ll grow and be challenged in your career while having a healthy balance with life outside of work.
A role in Financial Planning & Analysis means belonging to a great team of genuine, diverse, courageous and versatile people who put integrity and ethics at the heart of everything they do. Together, you’ll drive outstanding financial results by enabling and accelerating Target’s strategic execution. You’ll nurture influential partnerships with leaders who value your credibility, thanks to the quality and reliability of your insights. To teams across Target, you’ll bring your skills for analytical rigor, creative problem-solving and sound decision-making. You’ll be an active contributor to cross-functional teams. You’ll rise to the challenge of the dynamic retail industry, bringing innovative solutions that have a direct impact on financial and operational direction-setting, merchandising and capital investments and how to best use our resources. All of your good work will help elevate and maintain Target as one of the world’s most recognized and best-loved retail brands.
As a Sr. Financial Analyst – Stores Finance, you will:
Own and drive the monthly sales forecast for stores, from the total company level down to the individual store level for the entire chain, which guides operational and hourly payroll plans for Target’s stores.
- Analyze and assess ongoing sales trends in a dynamic macro environment to elevate actionable insights and incorporate learnings into future sales forecasts to maximize accuracy.
- Partner across broader Finance teams to understand factors impacting sales outlook and assess range of outcomes to shape your point of view on the sales forecast for stores.
- Enhance and develop tools for the Stores Finance team to review and refine monthly store level sales forecasts that guide store level operational and hourly payroll plans.
Identify and develop ad-hoc analysis for store sales opportunities in partnership with Store Operations and broader Finance to influence operational decisions.
Support monthly sales and payroll plans and overall financial management for one of Target’s geographical regions in partnership with Sr. Finance Manager and stores leaders in the field.
Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Four-year degree in Accounting, Business, Economics, or Finance
- Four or more years Finance/Accounting or related Operations experience
- Proficient working with spreadsheet applications (Microsoft Excel)
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, project management, planning and organization skills
- Outstanding communication and relationship-building skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit with strong initiative and willingness to take risks
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture