Sr Food & Beverage Strategy LeadApply Now Job ID: R0000127103 job family: Buying schedule: Full time Location: 33 S 6th St, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target Merchandising is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how this $70 billion retailer offers the innovative, guest-inspiring items that Target is known and loved for. Our goal is to deliver exceptional value, quality and style to elevate Target as the premier retailer in a competitive global marketplace. Through intelligent and progressive business strategies that make the most of Target’s resources and partnerships worldwide, Merchandising works across product categories to create a localized shopping experience online and in our 1800 stores. Are you a creative problem solver who loves to see your work translate into real results? Can you collaborate effectively, execute a plan efficiently and positively influence how Target chooses and presents the right product in the right place at the right price? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
The Food & Beverage Seasonal Planning Team develops and aligns Food and Beverage enterprise business planning, seasonal planning, activation and analytics. As the Senior Food and Beverage Strategy Analyst, you will lead and facilitate key elements of the seasonal planning strategy, process and execution for Food & Beverage across key cross-functional stakeholders. This merchandising role will help develop and execute asset amplification efforts, and strategic priorities to deliver against our Food & Beverage strategy working with roundtable leaders across the pyramid.
As the Senior Food and Beverage Strategy Analyst, you will have to wear multiple hats. Key goals will include:
- Lead a large cross functional team of Buyers, Planners, Inventory Managers, PPCOE Leads, Digital Partners and Store Ops partners to develop and align Food & Beverage Company Space assets to Pyramid strategies and Seasonal Priorities
- Partner with Merchandising Excellence, Space and Presentation, IRI Market Insights, PPCOE, Buyers/Planners, and Marketing to develop key business and industry insights that will inform strategic priorities for assets
- Identify and incorporate seasonal trends via competitive benchmarking and insights from IRI/Nielsen, vendors and trend/owned brand teams
- Partner with Space & Presentation, Marketing, PPCOE and Digital support key promotional activity with space and assets
- Develop enhanced partnership and process with Food & Beverage Store Operations team and stores broadly to gain alignment on important seasonal priorities and execution of those priorities across assets
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of Merchandising experience with various product categories and experience with Seasonal Businesses/Holidays preferred
- Strong strategic and analytical skills to drive growth in a business
- Strong collaboration skills to partner with CFT
- Self-driver who can push large priorities forward
- Clear communication to present to and gain alignment from leadership
- Flexibility, resiliency and nimbleness; comfortable working in “grey areas” that are constantly changing
- Food & Beverage experience preferred (but not necessary), including experience with perishables product
- Great team leader who brings excitement, energy and passion to their engagement with the team
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture