Sr Front-End Engineer - Target.com Web TeamApply Now Job ID: R0000108677 job family: Technology Engineering schedule: Full time Location: 33 S 6th St, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
The Target.com Web Team builds and maintains one of the most visited e-commerce sites in the world. We architect solutions to facilitate massive scale; design libraries and abstractions to make our jobs easier; embrace modern web development practices and tools to ensure consistency, stability, and performance; and are fully responsible for the Target.com web stack. We realize successes through our strong engineering culture and delighting our guests with great web experiences.
About this Opportunity
As part of the Target.com Web Team you will be a front line contributor to the future of online commerce. We are seeking an engineer who is able to jump in and contribute to our projects.
As a Sr. Front-End Engineer at Target you will use your skills, experience, and talent to be part of our amazing team. Here is what we are looking for in you:
- Work as a member of a product team that will iterate on guest-facing features that impact the bottom line of Target.com.
- Contribute to our full-stack Node.js and React universal application.
- Continuously work to improve through pair programming and pull request reviews.
- Implement design patterns to enhance our highly scalable web application.
- Contribute to the design of our full system architecture.
- Engage in continuous improvement projects within the team and mentor other engineers.
- Contribute unit and functional tests to certify your work is good.
- Provide technical expertise to product teams, advising best practices and highlighting risks.
- BS degree in computer science or related technical field.
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- 2+ years of experience in web technologies.
- Experience with web frameworks like React, Angular, Vue.js, Polymer, Riot.js, Backbone, and Ember.
- Experience developing Adaptive or Responsive websites using HTML5 and CSS3.
- Familiarity with build tools such as webpack, Rollup, gulp, and Grunt.
- Computer Science foundational knowledge including competencies working with design patterns, data structures, and algorithms.
- Experience automated testing and proficient with a testing framework (e.g. Jest, Mocha).
- Experience working with a source versioning tool, such as Git.
- Experience working as a member of an Agile software development team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills demonstrating technical leadership.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with Node.js and React.
- Experience working with GraphQL and RESTful web services.
- Experience in building accessible websites.
- Experience working on project facilitating true CI and CD.
- Exposure to DevOps tools, processes, and culture (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker, Spinnaker, Jenkins, Git, etc.).
- Awareness of new and emerging technologies.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture