Sr Front End/UI Engineer - dataPortal Data Sciences ProductApply Now Job ID: R0000080319 job family: Technology Engineering schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
JOIN US AS A SR UI ENGINEER - DataMiner
Target as a tech company? Absolutely! We’re the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target’s passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world’s best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies—and the brightest people—to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology and Data Engineering is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably.
DataMiner is the primary data science, insights, and data exploration toolkit at Target. It is a cloud-based suite of tools that simplifies the end-to-end process of data analytics and reporting. This includes everything from querying, blending, generating analysis & insights, exploration and mining, dashboarding and reporting, and data science development like machine learning and AI.
As a Sr. Engineer, you’ll take the lead as you:
- Use your technology acumen to apply and maintain knowledge of current and emerging technologies within specialized area(s) of the technology domain.
- Evaluate new technologies and participate in decision-making, accounting for several factors such as viability within Target’s technical environment, maintainability, and cost of ownership.
- Initiate and execute research and proof-of-concept activities for new technologies.
- Manage total product, financials and forecasting. Lead the design, lifecycle management, and total cost of ownership of services.
- Lead and conduct code review, design review, testing, and debugging activities at the application level. Lead functional design and architecture discussions with understanding of process flows and system diagrams to enable design decisions.
- Participate in routine and non-routine construction, automation, and implementation activities, ensuring successful implementation with architectural and operational requirements and best practices met.
- Provide technical oversight and coach others to resolve complex and severe technical issues. Lead disaster recovery activities and contribute to disaster recovery planning.
- Embed data quality protocols throughout data acquisition, processing, storage, and operational use. Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description.
• 4 year degree or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of full-stack software development experience
• Experience with CSS preprocessors (e.g. Sass or LESS) and CSS frameworks (e.g. Foundation or Bootstrap)
• Back-End experience in API design and development
• Familiar with CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete) methodology
• Knowledge of frameworks related to their server-side language of choice like: Express.js, Ruby on Rails, CakePHP, etc.
• Ability to communicate technical terms to non-technical audience
• Ability to clearly articulate thoughts and ideas to stakeholder and partners
• Design new testing methods and resolves routine/non-routine technical issues with minimal assistance
• Builds strong commitment within the team to support the appropriate team priorities
• Clearly communicates Agile concepts to partners within Product team
• Influences and applies data standards, policies, and procedures
• Maintains technical knowledge within areas of expertise
• Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture