Sr. Indirect Planner- SuppliesApply Now Job ID: R0000066617 schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Sr Indirect Planner, IS&P COE – Supplies
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Right on pace with Target’s distinctive and beloved retail brand, the Indirect Sourcing & Procurement Center of Excellence (COE) works across the business to maximize every resource, asset and relationship. We use good data, in-depth analysis and cross-functional insights to identify and communicate best practices, elevating our sourcing and procurement activities to achieve their very highest potential.
A role with the Indirect Sourcing & Procurement Center of Excellence (IS&P COE) is a chance to positively impact several key areas of Target’s business. Your input will ensure that Target realizes the expected value from the terms of our agreements that comprise nearly a $10 billion annual spend toward innovative and competitively priced goods and services by:
- Promoting best practices across the entire company by developing deep knowledge and client relationships in each spend category
- Providing expert integrated business planning and stakeholder management for all indirect items and services
- Applying intelligent rate, demand and specification levers to source, negotiate and contract services while sustainably lowering costs
- Propelling the business with accurate and comprehensive demand forecasting, financial planning and item setup
- Changing the game for our internal online catalog end users by making the entire buying process faster and simpler
- Helping us cultivate Target’s partnerships with diverse, community-minded suppliers who are committed to economic development and job growth
As a Sr Indirect Planner, you will develop item level, store level and aggregate demand forecasts, and manage scope across multiple categories. This role will lead project-level cross-functional teams to ensure indirect supply demands are identified and planned in a timely, cost effective and high-quality manner. You will also identify performance trends, opportunities for continuous improvement, develop plans to improve systemic performance in order to better accuracy of forecasts and demand inputs. This role works closely with suppliers on sharing forecasted demand and confidence levels in forecasted demand to allow for accurate capacity and inventory planning. Additional responsibilities include managing existing/new item accuracy and governance for items within category, determine financial impact of forecasted units and demand allocations for projects over time. This role will perform financial analysis / root cause analysis on outlier spend. It will be crucial to forecast and minimize inventory write-offs. While, also negotiating cost-effective solutions that consider total cost of ownership and prioritizes involvement in decisions. As a Sr Indirect Planner, it is key to be able to effectively present, communicate, and manage expectations regarding project business strategies, statuses, risk mitigation and key decisions. This position is leads work with limited direction.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience
- 0-2 years of relevant experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Strong analytical skills with strong business acumen
- Executes, persuades and influences others with partners
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills, organization, planning and time management skills
- Manages ambiguity
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement methodologies
- Higher level Planning SME
- Industry Expertise (Planning & Analytics)
- Analytics and reporting (60%) and Strategy & Execution on key initiatives (40%)
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture