Sr. Insights Expert - Food & BeverageApply Now Job ID: BRA000CO0 Date posted: 10/18/2018 Location: 0501 - HQ MN Minneapolis Downtown, Minneapolis, Minnesota
JOIN US AS AN Sr. Insights Expert – Food & Beverage
About This Opportunity
Be a part of a team working to advance Target by helping develop and create new capabilities for Insights and Assortment Planning. This includes leveraging data, analytics, and insights to drive merchandising strategy and execution within our Food and Beverage pyramid.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Insights Expert, you can expect to…
• Lead efforts to advance the use of data and insights across key assortment planning milestones, inclusive of weekly reporting
• Synthesize findings from all relevant sources (including guest data, financial reporting, market insights, to inform the hindsighting process and ultimately drive actionable strategy for Merchandising
• Partner with the buyer to develop long and short-term category strategies and tactics to drive sustained financial growth and market share gains
• Serve as a key resource within the business unit, helping drive insights routines, serving as a liason between the business and the technology product teams to ensure development roadmaps are in-line with critical needs
• Leverage advanced analytics to drive segmentation and clustering strategies to drive more guest-relevant assortments
• Leverage both qualitative (what the shopper says) data with quantitative (what the shopper does) data to create optimal assortment strategies
• Support the planogram (POG) process and understand S&P roles and responsibilities, T&A, and all key inputs to enable execution
• College Degree
• Three to five years of relevant business experience in category management and/or buying/planning
• Excellent analytical, decision-making and communication skills
• Strong conceptual skills and ability to translate concepts into actionable insights and tactics
• Ability to assimilate information quickly and accurately.
• Ability to synthesize and clearly communicate highly complex findings to focus on critical issues and actionable opportunities
Eligible team members will receive one of the best earnings packages anywhere, including competitive pay, all-around insurance coverage, 401(k), flexible scheduling, training and development and many other perks and benefits. Target is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is a drug-free workplace.
Expect the Best. At Target, we have a vision: to become the best – the best culture and brand, the best place for growth and the company with the best reputation. We offer an inclusive, collaborative and energetic work environment that rewards those who perform. We deliver engaging, innovative and on-trend experiences for our team members and our guests. We invest in our team members’ futures by developing leaders and providing a breadth of opportunities for professional development. It takes the best to become the best, and we are committed to building a team that does the right thing for our guests, shareholders, team members and communities.
Minneapolis-based Target Corporation serves guests at stores nationwide and at Target.com. Target is committed to providing a fun and convenient shopping experience with access to unique and highly differentiated products at affordable prices. Since 1946, the corporation has given 5 percent of its income through community grants and programs like Take Charge of Education®.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture