Sr International Logistics AnalystApply Now Job ID: R0000150153 job family: Transportation schedule: Full time Location: 1000 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55403-2542;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target Global Supply Chain and Logistics is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how we get the right product to the right guest even better, faster and more cost effectively than before. We are becoming more intelligent, automated and algorithmic in our decision-making, so that no matter how guests shop—in stores or on Target.com—we deliver the convenience and immediate gratification they demand and deserve. We are on a mission to win decisively over any competitor, with a seamless and superior guest service experience unlike any they can offer. Our teams work with the agility our mission requires, and we constantly come together to implement new processes in record time. So we’re looking for exceptional people who are proactive, creative, independent, innovative, risk-savvy and comfortable working in varying degrees of ambiguity. Are you a critical thinker who seeks the root cause and can analyze both qualitatively and quantitatively? Are you a creative problem-solver who simplifies problems, quickly identifies solutions, commits to a plan and then positively influences others to execute it? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
A role in Outbound Logistics, means you’ll focus on the efficient transportation of product from the Target distribution network and stores to our guests. Here, you’ll be challenged to pivot seamlessly from analysis and planning, to working with internal partners to achieve the aggressive, transformative goals we have ahead of us. You’ll establish and develop great relationships with our field operations teams to encourage on-time shipment and delivery to our guests. And you’ll analyze transportation supplier capabilities for maximum speed, reliability and cost effectiveness. Focus on carrier relationship and engagement will be key to the success in this role.
JOIN US AS A SR. INTERNATIONAL LOGISTICS ANALYST
As a Sr International Logistics Analyst, you are responsible for partnering closely with the operations business teams to source transportation and 3PL capacity solutions which deliver against business requirements for capacity, speed, and cost. Responsibilities include leading carrier identification due diligence, rate negotiation and contracting by leveraging industry experience to efficiently match internal requirements with external capacity. This position is responsible for supporting the procurement process, developing/negotiating/monitoring supplier agreements, and maintaining supplier relationships, implementing and enforcing processes and procedures, and integrating knowledge across modes for assigned transportation spend. The analyst is responsible for new carrier contracts and set up, bid documentation and bid analysis, bid scenario creation, and analytical updates to support strategic decisions. This role will set sourcing strategy and create project plans for bid events to help Target achieve transportation goals that serve our Guests.
- Working closely with transportation client teams to determine capacity needs and bid requirements
- Planning and execution of sourcing strategy across multiple events; ensuring accurate and timely pricing
- Creating, reviewing, completing and maintaining Carrier and Shipper Agreements
- Collaborating with legal department regarding contracts and other legal matters
- Monitoring and reviewing carrier performance vs expectations with operational teams; supporting carrier performance management
- Developing and executing analysis and reports pertaining to historical/current transportation network plans and data
- Owning provider relationships through strategic sponsorship
- Evaluating and screening potential new carriers for logistics services
- Acting as an internal logistics consultant to support client teams
- Point of escalation for operations involving addition of new business or removal of carrier business due to performance or costing issues
- Sources and secures capacity for one-off volume spikes and ad-hoc requests
- Scheduling may require flexibility when working with overseas partners
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience
- 2 years relevant experience within supply chain sourcing/procurement, logistics, transportation industry
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively communicate data insights to others
- Self-motivated and demonstrates initiative; demonstrates ability to work independently
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to sort through ambiguity and work in undefined projects
- Potential for up to 10% travel
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel & Word
- Working knowledge of Excel (V-Look Up; Pivot Tables)
- International Transportation Experience
- Proven expertise in pricing logistics solutions
- Negotiations experience
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture