Sr Inventory Manager Seasonal/Outdoor LivingApply Now Job ID: R0000137371 job family: Inventory Management schedule: Full time Location: 33 S 6th St, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Target is one of the world’s most recognized brands and the second-largest retailer in the United States.
Target Global Supply Chain and Logistics (GSCL) is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how we get the right product to the right guest even better, faster and more cost effectively than before. We are becoming more intelligent, automated and algorithmic in our decision-making, so that no matter how guests shop—in stores or on Target.com—we deliver the convenience and immediate gratification they demand and deserve. We are on a mission to win decisively over any competitor, with a seamless and superior guest service experience unlike any they can offer. Our teams work with the agility our mission requires, and we constantly come together to implement new processes in record time. So we’re looking for exceptional people who are proactive, creative, independent, innovative, risk-savvy and comfortable working in varying degrees of ambiguity. Are you a critical thinker who seeks the root cause and can analyze both qualitatively and quantitatively? Are you a creative problem-solver who simplifies problems, quickly identifies solutions, commits to a plan and then positively influences others to execute it? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
As the Inventory Management Sr. Manager for Seasonal/Outdoor Living, you will be responsible for leading a team of 10 inventory analysts managing over $2.5B in receipts to deliver profitable, Omni-channel market share. You’ll use the right combination of data and expertise to achieve the best possible product availability through optimal inventory positioning. You’ll not only establish and develop great relationships with our suppliers to encourage on-time & in-full shipments to stores & ship nodes, but you’ll also develop cross-functional partnerships to analyze transportation & operational capabilities that drive maximum speed, reliability and cost effectiveness.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Build and develop a high performing, diverse, inclusive and engaged team.
- Lead Inventory management team to enable sales growth through creating a faster, easier, more flexible fulfillment experience for the guest.
- Lead inventory management in the merchandising division roundtable, partnering closely with Merchandising Divisional and Planning Divisional to reach division goals.
- Co-create and execute against Trim, Halloween and Outdoor Living inventory strategies to grow market share and sales for these key seasons.
- Ensure proper inventory positioning to drive availability & optimal guest experience.
- Lead the inventory management team in solving complex problems. This is about simplifying a problem to find the root cause, considering multiple scenarios and long-term impacts, and thinking non-traditionally to develop the right solution for the guest.
- Lead the team to have strong inventory management fundamentals and acumen. Everyone should understand how inventory management links the business to the guest.
- Lead your inventory analysts to be operational strategists. Every decision we make should be rooted in strategy – such as knowing how it impacts the broader business, and the balance it strikes between inventory management performance and financial impact.
- Drive for continuous improvement. This means streamlining processes, eliminating redundancy, and constantly evaluating effectiveness.
- Champion change on modernization journey.
- Create strong partnerships with suppliers that enable on time & in-full shipments that deliver against our reliability goals.
KEY KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Technical skills in Inventory management fundamentals and systems.
- Experience with coaching and developing talent.
- Strong organizational skills. Ability to manage/juggle numerous priorities effectively.
- Consensus building, influencing and negotiating at senior levels.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Experience translating data from an array of sources into insights/go-forward recommendations.
- Inventory Management team
- S&OP teams
- SPM teams
- Distribution/Store teams
- Divisional of Planning
- Divisional of Merchandising
- Supplier Community
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience in inventory management, planning, supply chain, or a related function.
- Knowledge of supply chain and inventory management fundamentals, systems, and practical applications.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture