Sr Inventory Operations Analyst | Network Synchronization (Full-Time Hybrid or Remote)Apply Now Location: 1000 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55403-2542; job id: R0000211936
job family: Inventory Management
schedule: Full time
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target Global Supply Chain and Logistics (GSCL) is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how we get the right product to the right guest even better, faster and more cost effectively than before. We are becoming more intelligent, automated and algorithmic in our decision-making, so that no matter how guests shop—in stores or online—we deliver the convenience and immediate gratification they demand and deserve. We’re looking for exceptional people who are proactive, creative, independent, innovative, risk-savvy and comfortable working in varying degrees of ambiguity. Are you a critical thinker who seeks out root cause and can analyze both qualitatively and quantitatively? Are you a creative problem-solver who simplifies problems, quickly identifies solutions, commits to a plan and then positively influences others to execute it? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
A role in Global Inventory Management (GIM) means applying your specialized and well-informed point of view to what we buy, from whom, how much and where it needs to go from there. You’ll use the right combination of data and expertise to achieve the best possible product availability through proper inventory positioning. You’ll also focus on the efficient transportation of product around the world, while ensuring compliance with U.S. Customs regulations and achieving the best possible product availability through proper inventory positioning. You’ll not only establish and develop great relationships with our vendors to encourage on-time shipment and delivery to stores and ultimately guests, but you’ll also analyze transportation supplier capabilities and contracts for maximum speed, reliability and cost effectiveness.
As a Sr Inventory Operations Analyst on the Network Synchronization Team you will focus on the identification of items and assortment that meet offsite storage eligibility criteria, and coordinate the movement of this inventory between buildings to optimize total network storage. You will routinely work closely with cross functional partners in Inventory Management, Field Operations, Transportation and Capacity Planning to execute these strategies to support inventory flow and fuel future sales growth.
About the job:
- Project Management – You will define the assortment, create and manage the flow plans for inventory movement into and out of offsite storage facilities; creating and executing plans within a defined timeframe
- Data-Driven Decision Making – You will conduct detailed data analysis to determine root cause drivers of inventory opportunities, and share these learnings with the broader Cross Functional Team (CFT) for large scale trend identification and problem solving
- CFT Engagement – You will develop strong partnerships across the Manual 3PL Offsite Storage CFT, connecting regularly, as the primary inventory management resource, with team members from Field Ops, Transportation, Network planning and many others
- Champion Diversity – You will be an advocate for diversity within the CFT, and with partners throughout the organization.
- Leadership Engagement – You will deliver clear and impactful messages to high level leaders throughout the organization.
- Guest-First Mentality – You will view all inventory decisions with a Guest focused mindset, ensuring that product availability is always top of mind
- Positive Change Agent – You will passionately support change and ensure that your knowledge and experience in supporting the Manual 3PL Offsite Program influences strategic decisions related to tech integration and the future 3PL operating model
Core responsibilities of this job are described within the job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- 4-year degree (or equivalent experience)
- A desire to learn and/or expand database knowledge and use of SQL and Excel
- Data analytics skills, and a proven ability to translate data into strategic initiatives
- Self-starter with ability to work independently to prioritize and take action
- Ability to operate with a “startup mindset” – comfortable with change and ambiguity
- Experience with process design, process mapping and process documentation
- Quick to partner across teams and easily build trust with peers and leaders
- Strong project management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Prior CFT leadership or similar experience
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and challenge the status quo
- 2+ years of inventory management experience
- Working understanding of Target IM replenishment systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
This position may be considered for a Full-Time Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target’s needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location. A Full-Time Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that’s not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada residents is $65,600 - $118,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture