Sr Inventory Ops Analyst – Small Formats(Remote Or Hybrid)Apply Now Location: 1000 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55403-2542; job id: R0000287804
job family: Inventory Management
schedule: Full time
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target Global Supply Chain and Logistics (GSCL) is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how we get the right product to the right guest even better, faster and more cost effectively than before. We are becoming more intelligent, automated and algorithmic in our decision-making, so that no matter how guests shop—in stores or online—we deliver the convenience and immediate gratification they demand and deserve. We’re looking for exceptional people who are proactive, creative, independent, innovative, risk-savvy and comfortable working in varying degrees of ambiguity. Are you a critical thinker who seeks out root cause and can analyze both qualitatively and quantitatively? Are you a creative problem-solver who simplifies problems, quickly identifies solutions, commits to a plan and then positively influences others to execute it? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
A role in Global Inventory Management (GIM) means applying your specialized and well-informed point of view to what we buy, from whom, how much and where it needs to go from there. You’ll use the right combination of data and expertise to achieve the best possible product availability through proper inventory positioning. You’ll also focus on the efficient transportation of product around the world, while ensuring compliance with U.S. Customs regulations and achieving the best possible product availability through proper inventory positioning. You’ll not only establish and develop great relationships with our vendors to encourage on-time shipment and delivery to stores and ultimately guests, but you’ll also analyze transportation supplier capabilities and contracts for maximum speed, reliability and cost effectiveness.
Headline of Job:
As a Sr Project Analyst on the Small Format Team in Inventory Management Operations, use your skills, experience, and talents curate replenishment strategy and optimizing inventory flow for Target’s unique portfolio of small stores.
- You will support a team ethos that actively advocates for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion by valuing the voices and perspectives of all partners and peers.
- You will develop strong connections with cross-functional partners throughout GSCL, Store Operations, and Merchandising, among others, to drive inventory health across our network of Small Format stores serviced by distribution centers and flow centers.
- You will develop, leverage, and implement effective project management, ensuring project partners are aligned to consistent goals, meeting deadlines, and supporting project deliverables.
- You will develop appropriate reporting, analytics, and performance measurement routines and tools, to track project success, and you will prioritize documentation and visibility to results.
- You will be an active Cross Functional Team leader, supporting the aggregation and cross-sharing of information, as well as preparing and presenting leadership updates to Sr Leaders across multiple organizations.
- You will readily flex to where support is needed across the team, relying on data-driven insights to support prioritized business needs.
- You will maintain a results-oriented mindset, actively identifying opportunities to improve team OKRs through new and/or optimize processes and routines.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in Inventory Management or key support function of GSCL initiatives.
- Experience leading projects across a broad set of peers and stakeholders.
- Experience creating and maintaining comprehensive project documentation.
- Strong organizational skills, including attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and able to appropriately tailor messages based upon audience.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong interpersonal relationships across team, leaders, and partners.
- Strategic orientation and comfortable with ambiguity.
- Flexibility, resiliency and nimbleness; comfortable working in “grey areas” that are constantly changing.
- Strong analytical skills including ability to translate data into insights.
- Ability to breakdown complex problems despite incomplete or ambiguous information, identify root cause of the issue, and develop sustainable solutions in collaboration with SMEs.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
already started an application?log in to continue
still have some questions?check out the careers FAQ
curious about our benefits?explore how we care
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture