Sr. Item Data StewardApply Now Job ID: R0000112963 job family: Product Content Management schedule: Full time Location: 33 S 6th St, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Sr. Item Data Steward Job Description
Use your skills, experience and talents to continue building an industry leading Item Center of Excellence. The Item Center of Excellence has elevated the importance of Item Data Quality as it has direct impact on Target’s digital guest experience, our operating expenses and our gross margin.
As a Senior Item Data Steward, you will be responsible for the accuracy of item attributes throughout the lifecycle of the product, analyzing and monitoring item attributes for completeness and quality, managing data sources, resolving item attribute issues, and documenting best practices and definitions for those item attributes.
Key Responsibilities, Process, Project and Data Management:
- Provide program governance over item data attributes and modernization efforts to realize the value of item data as a utility to ensure consistent, enterprise accessibility, reliability and discoverability.
- Implement comprehensive processes to evaluate, govern and measure item data quality to meet various business needs across the Enterprise.
- Establish baseline metrics and then clear actionable goals and success metrics for the item attributes.
- Create accountability standards for the Item COE to meet the goals and communicate performance expectations.
- Generate reporting and analytics of the Item attributes overall health against the Item COE goals and measurements.
- Ensure data quality best practices are met and drive continuous improvement to achieve operational and data quality excellence.
- Identify and lead key item attribute quality and completeness strategies within the Item COE.
- Establish a review and audit process to identify and fix item attribute discrepancies causing significant guest, compliance, or operational issues.
- Understand the impacts of item data attribute accuracy to the downstream consumers of item data attributes. Understand pain points from both upfront and downstream consumers of item data and work to create processes to achieve optimal results – including an enhanced guest experience.
- Identify most reliable data sources for your item attributes and manage that data acquisition accordingly.
- Manage and document item attribute definitions in the Enterprise data dictionary.
- Impact and Influence the analysis, design and execution of product taxonomy improvements for existing and new categories.
- Influence the implementation and management of taxonomy governance processes.
- Consult with taxonomy team to provide clarity on item structure with identified issues.
- Champion the development and implementation of product data and hierarchy standards within and across categories.
- Influence the coverage and breadth of data quality business rules by developing partnership with category specific data quality analysts.
- Drive a significant reduction in the number of redundant core/MTA attributes.
- Influence adherence to industry standard item attribute naming conventions for easier mapping to external data sources.
- Analyze item attribute usage by category and guest significance to understand the impact and importance of each item attribute.
- Analyze Target Item Data Certification audit results as a key identifier of item attribute health.
- Analyze Guest Feedback left on Target.com as a key identifier of item attribute health.
- Lead efforts to simplify the item setup process & accuracy by identifying and setting default values for your key item data attributes.
- Display strong cross-functional leadership as you build strong working relationships with Item Process, Item Taxonomy, Item Content, and Item Data Quality across all levels including leadership.
- Provide timely communication of item attribute results to all levels of leadership within Item COE.
- Champion data stewardship for the Target Enterprise across different data domains.
Team and Partner Management:
- Reports to Director, Enterprise Item.
- No direct team member reports.
- Partners with multiple Item COE teams including Item Setup, Item Process, Data Quality, Taxonomy, Item Product, Item Data Acquisition, and Item Certification as required.
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Critical thinking
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills/ability to prioritize
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects at the same time, simultaneously managing working team and partner relationships
- Detail oriented
- High sense of urgency/initiative
- PC experience (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated experience organizing information.
- Strong presence, meeting management and facilitation skills
- High level of initiative
- Strong commitment to quality and productivity measurements and controls.
- Ability to set operational priorities and data quality measurements
- Data analysis & reporting skills
- Demonstrated expertise in product information management
- Ability to work with and coordinate cross-functional efforts
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Ability to develop effective partnerships
- 3-5+ years of product information management experience
- Experience with Item attribution, Item tools & systems, and master data
- Possesses operational and technical aptitude and ability to interface with data science teams
- Knowledge of Target’s systems and processes, particularly LaunchPad and Valor.
- Knowledge of Product Information industry standards, particularly GS1.
- Possess confidence to influence without authority.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture