Sr Java Engineer - Data SciencesApply Now Job ID: R0000075925 job family: Technology Engineering schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
JOIN TARGET AS A SR JAVA ENGINEER – DATA SCIENCES
Target as a tech company? Absolutely! We’re the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target’s passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world’s best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies—and the brightest people—to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative.
As a Sr Engineer on the Automation Portal team with our Data Sciences Data Engineering team – you’ll design, deliver, and support an internally-developed platform to enable automation of end user-driven data integrations in support of the Data Sciences objectives at Target. You will be writing, testing, and delivering working code on an Agile software development team.
As a Senior Engineer, you serve as a specialist in the engineering team that supports the product. You help develop and gain insight in the application architecture. You can distill an abstract architecture into concrete design and influence the implementation. You show expertise in applying the appropriate software engineering patterns to build robust and scalable systems. You are an expert in programming and apply your skills in developing the product. You have the skills to design and implement the architecture on your own, but choose to influence your fellow engineers by proposing software designs, providing feedback on software designs and/or implementation. You show good problem solving skills and can help the team in triaging operational issues. You leverage your expertise in eliminating repeat occurrences.
- 4 year degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent work experience
- 5 plus years of software development experience using Java
- Extensive Spring / Spring Batch framework experience
- Experience with Dependency Injection patterns and practices
- CI/CD Experience using Jenkins, Drone or other platform
- Experience with writing software tests and using test frameworks
- Experience with ReactJS in and other UI engineering frameworks
- Experience with Hadoop, HIVE, RDMS and SQL
- Kubernetes or other container orchestration services
- Experience with the full SDLC of cloud-based applications
- Demonstrates strong proficiency in core development platforms within own domain
- Clearly communicates Agile concepts to partners within product team
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of the impact of own work on the team and/or guests
- Writes and organizes code using multiple computer languages, including distributed programming and understand different frameworks and paradigm
- Delivers high-performance, scalable, repeatable, and secure deliverables with broad impact (high throughput and low latency)
- Influences and applies data standards, policies, and procedures
- Builds strong commitment within the team to support the appropriate team priorities
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture