Sr Logistics Analyst-2Apply Now Job ID: R0000109016 job family: Transportation schedule: Full time Location: 33 S 6th St, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target Global Supply Chain and Logistics is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how we get the right product to the guest even better, faster and more cost effectively than before. We are becoming more intelligent, automated and algorithmic in our decision-making, so that no matter how guests shop—in stores or on Target.com—we deliver the convenience and immediate gratification they demand and deserve. We are on a mission to win decisively over any competitor, with a seamless and superior guest service experience unlike any they can offer. Our teams work with the agility our mission requires, and we constantly come together to implement new processes in record time. So we’re looking for exceptional people who are proactive, creative, independent, innovative, risk-savvy and comfortable working in varying degrees of ambiguity. Are you a critical thinker who seeks the root cause and can analyze both qualitatively and quantitatively? Are you a creative problem-solver who simplifies problems, quickly identifies solutions, commits to a plan and then positively influences others to execute it? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
The primary function of this role is to support Target's Middle Mile Logistics operation through data analysis. Transportation Analysts will be responsible for identifying and exploring data sets in order to create actionable metrics and reports for operations teams. Analysts will also be responsible for managing and improving processes described by their analysis. They will use data and insights to influence peers, leaders, and third party partners. This includes mining the data for performance improvement and expense savings opportunities and recommending solutions to business problems by building quantitative business cases. The team currently uses a wide variety of analytics tools such as Excel, R, SQL, and proprietary BI platforms (similar to Tableau) to work with small, sparse datasets as well as big data platforms like Hadoop. In situations where reliable data does not exist, analysts will look for creative ways to obtain data, influence system owners to build data, or create processes to capture data. Focuses may be long term when the scope is large or when focused on influencing partners. Alternatively, results may be urgent when in support of major company events such as Black Friday, Green Monday, Back to School, or Back to College.
As a Senior Analyst, you will:
- Develop scalable solutions and key performance indicators to monitor supply chain performance
- Perform complex data analysis to identify root causes and implement corrective actions using various BI analytical tools (R, Python, SQL).
- Uncover opportunities, leverage data and analytics to create a business case, and implement continuous improvement work streams to evolve the business
- Streamline and simplify complex business processes through technology
- Use data and metrics to deeply understand the business, identify areas in need of improvement, influence others, and measure the impact of actions.
- Inspire intellectual curiosity around operational improvement opportunities.
- Advocate for decisions based on what is good for Target holistically and act as agents for change instead of accepting the status quo.
- 4 year degree in supply chain, operations, economics, or related field
- Expertise in R or Python and SQL in a large-scale, complex business environment
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Process-oriented with strong analytical and communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity and a demonstrated ability to learn and apply new skills and tools to business problems
- Ability to think strategically and tactically within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Previous Supply Chain experience/exposure preferred
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Track record of driving innovation/invention
- Can make decisions with little to no guidance from manager or other leaders
- A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture