Sr. Logistics Analyst Food and BeverageApply Now Job ID: R0000153725 job family: Transportation schedule: Full time Location: 1000 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55403-2542;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Targets Food Supply Chain is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how we get the right product to the right guest even better, faster and more cost effectively than before. We are becoming more intelligent, automated and algorithmic in our decision-making, so that no matter how guests shop—in stores or on Target.com—we deliver the convenience and immediate gratification they demand and deserve. We are on a mission to win decisively over any competitor, with a seamless and superior guest service experience unlike any they can offer. Our teams work with the agility our mission requires, and we constantly come together to implement new processes in record time. So we’re looking for exceptional people who are proactive, creative, independent, innovative, risk-savvy and comfortable working in varying degrees of ambiguity. Are you a critical thinker who seeks the root cause and can analyze both qualitatively and quantitatively? Are you a creative problem-solver who simplifies problems, quickly identifies solutions, commits to a plan and then positively influences others to execute it? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
A role in Food Logistics, means you’ll focus on the efficient transportation of product from vendors to Target’s food distribution network. Here, you’ll be challenged to pivot seamlessly from analysis and planning to working with internal partners to achieve the aggressive, transformative goals we have ahead of us. You will have a chance to assess the current problems in the transportation network, identify the root cause, and run Continuous Improvement (CI) projects to fix issues.
As a Sr. Logistics Analyst, you will be responsible for assessing and improving the guest requirements of our network by working with a regional or national carrier. You’ll identify opportunities for efficiency and contribute to a strong culture of excellence by addressing trends, creating process improvements, and ensuring that clear expectations are set and met by our partners across the supply chain. You’ll collaborate with group leaders, internal partners, and headquarters and field leaders to ensure a high level of service, maximize efficiency and serve as a change agent to champion continuous improvement and do what is best for the guest. More specifically, you’ll be involved in the following:
- Work with cross functional teams to leverage the right data to drive superior execution of transportation solutions.
- Build rapport with a third-party carriers through detail-oriented communication and a demonstration of competency and understanding of overall outbound logistics.
- Ability to analyze the problem and build sustainable processes in partnership with different teams at HQ, field and carriers.
- Develop, support, and manage efficient supply chain processes through communication, execution of special events and HQ driven initiatives – maintaining key relationships with internal and external business partners.
- Effective program management of steady-state and new services that are implemented in the food distribution network.
- Proactive identification of problems, getting to root cause and developing and implementing process improvements.
- Identify and develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that drive the team toward excellence.
Core responsibilities are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of indirect leadership experience
- Experience driving results of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) through 3rd Party Logistics partners
- Business relationship building / engagement within the transportation industry
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Transportation management experience
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture