Sr. Logistics Analyst-Sourcing, Food and BeverageApply Now Job ID: R0000154048 job family: Transportation schedule: Full time Location: 1000 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55403-2542;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Targets Food Supply Chain is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how we get the right product to the right guest even better, faster and more cost effectively than before. We are becoming more intelligent, automated and algorithmic in our decision-making, so that no matter how guests shop—in stores or on Target.com—we deliver the convenience and immediate gratification they demand and deserve. We are on a mission to win decisively over any competitor, with a seamless and superior guest service experience unlike any they can offer. Our teams work with the agility our mission requires, and we constantly come together to implement new processes in record time. So we’re looking for exceptional people who are proactive, creative, independent, innovative, risk-savvy and comfortable working in varying degrees of ambiguity. Are you a critical thinker who seeks the root cause and can analyze both qualitatively and quantitatively? Are you a creative problem-solver who simplifies problems, quickly identifies solutions, commits to a plan and then positively influences others to execute it? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
As a Senior Logistics Analyst of Food & Beverage (F&B) Transportation, you are responsible for partnering closely with the operational business teams to source transportation capacity solutions which deliver against business requirements for accuracy, speed, and cost. Responsibilities include leading carrier identification, due diligence, rate negotiation and contracting by leveraging industry experience to efficiently match internal requirements with external capability. This position is responsible for supporting the procurement process, developing/negotiating/monitoring supplier agreements, and maintaining supplier relationships, implementing and enforcing processes and procedures, and integrating knowledge across First and Middle Mile transportation spend. The analyst is responsible for new carrier contracts and set up, bid documentation and bid analysis, bid scenario creation, and analytical updates to support strategic decisions. This role will set sourcing strategy and create project plans for bid events to help Target achieve transportation goals that serve our Guests.
As a Sr. Logistics Analyst, you will:
- Identify new temperature controlled carriers for the First and Middle Mile F&B network and create a bench of suppliers and capacity
- Work closely with transportation client teams to determine capacity needs and bid requirements
- Collaborate with legal department regarding contracts and other legal matters
- Onboard carriers into Target’s network to support operations
- Partner with Strategic Sourcing to negotiate contract details with carriers
- Support strategies and efforts to achieve reliability and profitability objectives
- Develop scalable solutions and key performance indicators to monitor carrier performance
- Perform SWOT analysis using data to understand cost, capacity, and service potential of prospective carriers
- Streamline and simplify complex sourcing and contracting processes through technology
- Use data and metrics to deeply understand the business, identify areas in need of improvement and measure the impact of actions.
- Advocate for decisions based on what is good for Target holistically and act as agents for change instead of accepting the status quo.
Core responsibilities are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience
- Operational management experience
- Expertise in managing large data-sets in excel
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills
- Data-driven approach to problem solving
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Can make decisions with little to no guidance from manager or other leaders
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience in distribution or transportation
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture