Sr Logistics AnalystApply Now Job ID: R0000034162 Date posted: 07/18/2019 schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
JOIN US AS A SENIOR ANALYST, DOMESTIC INBOUND TRANSPORTATION
About This Opportunity
The Senior Analyst, Transportation is responsible to ensure freight is transported from vendors to all Target Distribution Centers, (RDC’s, FDC’s, FC’s, UDC’s) and 3rd Party Consolidators in a timely and cost-effective manner, (TL, IM, LTL, Backhaul). Responsibilities include full ownership of region performance, (carriers, vendors, facilities, transportation expense). Responsible for daily performance management of carriers and vendors and scorecard management. As well as support all future supply chain initiatives within the network.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking evolution of our supply chain. As a Transportation Analyst, you'll take the lead:
- Perform Operational Functions
- Provide email support to Target team members, facilities, carriers and vendors in response to questions regarding freight preparation, load coverage, carrier responsiveness and issue resolution.
- Identify, research, and resolve internal shipping issues, general vendor/carrier issues, and EDI transmission issues.
- Participate in recurring meetings with carriers and facilities.
- Analysis of daily routing to ensure optimization was most optimal solution
- Lead cost saving initiatives for First Mile Transportation
- Execute and support future supply chain initiatives
Carrier and Facility Performance Management
- Ensure our carriers and facility are consistently meeting all set performance metrics. Work directly with external partners to improve carrier and facility scorecard metrics
- Monitor trends in performance and hold carriers/facilities accountable
- Facilitate QBR’s and monthly performance meetings with top carriers and their leadership teams
Vendor Performance Management
- Main point of contact for vendor performance escalation
- Identify problem vendors and ensure they are following Target Best Practices
Inventory Management Partnerships
- Partnership on major events to ensure load leveling and capacity is secured
- Partnership on vendor performance management
- 4 year degree or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience within supply chain
- Ability to sort through data to identify root cause and leverage for problem solving
- Strong problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and demonstrates initiative; demonstrates ability to work independently
- Proven ability to performance management of 3rd party providers
- Project management experience
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to effectively communicate data insights to others
- Knowledge of JDA, Transportation Management Systems, DOMO
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture